newbie that needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie that needs help

im trying to cut my muscles more while continuing to have gains im not trying to get real big just want to look a little better. im thinking about only doing a couple cycles. ive been told to do the winnie to cut and sust to bulk. would it be a good combo for first cycle to mix these two or is there a better way to do it with test e or c and winnie my first cycle and do the sust the second im doing alot of research and its hard to find good input on what to mix when starting and what would be good to use. i know alot of people reading this will call me stupid but im trying to get my research right now before i do something stupid. ive read anabolics 2004 and alot of post on this site and that seems to be the best info i have found sofar. please give me input on what i should do im about 5'9 and 200 pounds now my body fat is around 20-22 percent. my training consist of alot of cardio about 30mins and about 2 hours a day of weight training trying not to overtrain. please give me some good input.

Re: newbie that needs help

Originally posted by jdoc08
    im trying to cut my muscles more while continuing to have gains im not trying to get real big just want to look a little better. im thinking about only doing a couple cycles. ive been told to do the winnie to cut and sust to bulk. would it be a good combo for first cycle to mix these two or is there a better way to do it with test e or c and winnie my first cycle and do the sust the second im doing alot of research and its hard to find good input on what to mix when starting and what would be good to use. i know alot of people reading this will call me stupid but im trying to get my research right now before i do something stupid. ive read anabolics 2004 and alot of post on this site and that seems to be the best info i have found sofar. please give me input on what i should do im about 5'9 and 200 pounds now my body fat is around 20-22 percent. my training consist of alot of cardio about 30mins and about 2 hours a day of weight training trying not to overtrain. please give me some good input.
    well first let me commend you on asking questions to obtain knowledge. I will try and sum up a few answers to your questions though each one could take up pages of writing. First I am not sure how old you are but I would not take gear before I was 21 unless it was for a sport or event that is a serious endevour. Cutting and bulking is more a function of diet. I could bulk or cut on any drug. Most guys consider "bulking" when they use a drug that bloats them heavily which i don't recommend. The first thing I would have you do is to cut your training by 3/4 and by this I mean your sessions should be shorter and your frequency of days should be less. Read up in the training section on some of the stuff I have written on overtraining. You ARE overtraining. I would never recommend workouts as close as 3 days apart for someone training natural. You need to give your body time to grow. Doing 2hours of training and 30 min of cardio gives no time to grow. You should be able to get a complete workout in within 20minutes that is intense enough to stimulate growth and you should not need to workout a muscle more than 1 every two weeks. I know I am throwing a lot of info at you but you need a serious overhaul in the dietary and training sections of bodybuilding before you EVER look at drugs. Because I will be the first one to tell you that the drugs won't do anything with improper training and diet. But like I said ask away with questions and I will be happy to answer them as best i can.

Comment

^ :agree:

PD

Comment

Re: Re: newbie that needs help

SC is spot on per usual. I might suggest you to go on a MEd Intensity M/Th split doing full body as an active recovery of some sort. I agree that you are definitely overtrained. I train for about 35-40 mins when natty. Shit I only do an hour when on the sauce.
        Dont be suprised if you begin to look better just from taking it easy for a bit.

As far as cycle, 500mg of a long Test is a great first cycle. I think your bf% is too high for a cycle at this point. I say you get down to 15%ish then do the cycle.

Originally posted by stonecold54
        well first let me commend you on asking questions to obtain knowledge. I will try and sum up a few answers to your questions though each one could take up pages of writing. First I am not sure how old you are but I would not take gear before I was 21 unless it was for a sport or event that is a serious endevour. Cutting and bulking is more a function of diet. I could bulk or cut on any drug. Most guys consider "bulking" when they use a drug that bloats them heavily which i don't recommend. The first thing I would have you do is to cut your training by 3/4 and by this I mean your sessions should be shorter and your frequency of days should be less. Read up in the training section on some of the stuff I have written on overtraining. You ARE overtraining. I would never recommend workouts as close as 3 days apart for someone training natural. You need to give your body time to grow. Doing 2hours of training and 30 min of cardio gives no time to grow. You should be able to get a complete workout in within 20minutes that is intense enough to stimulate growth and you should not need to workout a muscle more than 1 every two weeks. I know I am throwing a lot of info at you but you need a serious overhaul in the dietary and training sections of bodybuilding before you EVER look at drugs. Because I will be the first one to tell you that the drugs won't do anything with improper training and diet. But like I said ask away with questions and I will be happy to answer them as best i can.

Comment

As said above you really need to get your training routine and diet sorted first. Try and reach your maximum potential through natural means first. Your training routine is definately hindering your progress if it's as you say it is. If you train for two hours a day on the weights then you aren't giving your body any time at all, never mind a little, to heal the micro-trauma that high intensity training produces.

If your just starting out on weights (as in the very first time), then you can usually train a muscle group every 3-4 days due to the normally small weights being used. However, as the weight increases you are producing a much higher strain on your muscles, which in turn causes a greater amount of micro-trauma to your muscles. This obviously requires a much longer amount of time to heal.

A good example I use is, if I've trained a particular muscle group, and I go back to the gym to train the same group (around 10-12 days at the mo'), and I find I'm struggling from the outset of the session, or the warm up sets feel a little heavier, then I know I'm not healed. So, I just give myself another couple of days off until I attempt it again. Think of the strain put on your muscles in a really intense session as an injury, you've got to wait for that injury to heal until you attempt going back to the gym. If you go back mid-way through the healing and recovery process and start pumping away again, your going to create more trauma and the healing process will have to start over again.

Also, when recovering you've got to eat and eat...and eat some more. Eat regularly, 2-2 1/2 hours. Get lots of high quality protein into your diet, egg whites, tuna, chicken, lean steak etc. But also don't forget your carbs, things like potatos, brown-rice, oats, all good carb foods. Have a normal sized portion of carbs along with your protein.

If you were considering gear, why not direct your finances towards supplements instead. Protein drinks, creatine etc. stuff that you can quickly get down post and pre-workout.

Anyway, hope this helps. ;)

Comment

diet is the biggest key to growing. any one can go and lift. get your diet on track this will require some dedication. Green tea and a proper diet works wonders for losing body fat. also through in some creatine. as far as shake go they can be a quick and easy and good for extra calories but i always say real food is best. heres a good sight for research
            www.basskilleronline.com

Last edited by sargnt sustanon; 03-12-05, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X