Considering Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering Gear

I've been training since last June. I've been noticing some good gains but I'm thinking about taking it up a level. Nothing's for sure yet and I want to make sure I really have my nutrition down first. Right now I'm averaging 4500 calories a day. I have 3 meal days that I cycle through. I find my weight isn't really increasing that much, but it could be that my fat levels are dropping as my muscle mass is increasing. I really only started this diet around the beginning of February, and I lost a week due to reading week. Before that my nutrition was pretty haphazard. Not terrible, but not very structured. As for training I lift 4 times a week. I change up the splits every few months but for now it's divided into chest/back, shoulders, arms and legs. I do calves, forearms and abs twice a week. I also do cardio for 30 - 45 mins (depending on the activity) 3 times a week. I give myself one complete rest day a week with no cardio or weights. I also make sure I get adequate sleep every night (about 8 hours). I don't drink often, maybe twice a month. I have tried prohormones, but I found them to be pretty useless and usually found I had better gains after coming off of them. As for supplements I use whey protein, an MRP, creatine and a multivitamin. My long term goals are to reach a lean 250lbs. To put that in perspective I am 5'10". More important than the weight though are the measurements I'd like to reach. Which are as follows:
    21" Arms
    54" Chest
    32" Waist
    27" Thighs
    19" Calves
    6% Bodyfat

For more details about my routine I have a progress journal at Progress Journal

I'm aware of the mental addiction issues and have no intention of exceeding a 12 week cycle. I'm not really in a rush to get started using gear, but I just want to know my options. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I know it's long.

Legion

what are your stats now bro? If you are serious about reaching those kind of goals, then you definatly are going to need a shitload of time, gear, and food, because 250lbs at 6% is like olympia material heh. Im guessing with these kinds of goals you are looking to compete and dedicate your life to this sport?

Comment

Well, the last time I took measurements was at the beginning of March. At which time I weighed in at 180lbs.
      Shoulders: 46.5"
      Chest: 40"
      Forearms: 12"
      Arms: 14"
      Waist: 34.5"
      Thighs: 23.5"
      Calves: 15.5"

Comment

I'm not too good on cycles bro, but I think that wanting to put 14 inches on your chest and 7 inches on your arms off a 12 week cycle is a little too optimistic. You may be better off making yourself several small and more achievable goals so that you don't get discouraged.

Comment

No, I think you misunderstood me. I don't have illusions of a cycle of steroids getting me to those goals. Those are my long term goals, which I'd like to reach within the next 4 years. What I was saying about a 12 week cycle is that I'd never take steroids for longer than 12 weeks at a time.

Comment

Start off with a 12 week test e or c cycle at 500mg. Or you could throw in 300mg deca in there as well for an extra kick but its reccommended to start with test only.

Comment

Just out of curiosity. What kind of financial investment am I looking at? Not looking for exact prices, but on average if you had to ballpark it, how much would a 12 week cycle cost (including costs for PCT, etc)

Comment

Re: Considering Gear

Originally posted by Legion
                Just out of curiosity. What kind of financial investment am I looking at? Not looking for exact prices, but on average if you had to ballpark it, how much would a 12 week cycle cost (including costs for PCT, etc)
                hey man first of all welcome to sm. About prices, we cannot say that here in the open due to scammers.

Originally posted by Legion
                I've been training since last June. I've been noticing some good gains but I'm thinking about taking it up a level. Nothing's for sure yet and I want to make sure I really have my nutrition down first. Right now I'm averaging 4500 calories a day. I have 3 meal days that I cycle through. I find my weight isn't really increasing that much, but it could be that my fat levels are dropping as my muscle mass is increasing. I really only started this diet around the beginning of February, and I lost a week due to reading week. Before that my nutrition was pretty haphazard. Not terrible, but not very structured. As for training I lift 4 times a week. I change up the splits every few months but for now it's divided into chest/back, shoulders, arms and legs. I do calves, forearms and abs twice a week. I also do cardio for 30 - 45 mins (depending on the activity) 3 times a week. I give myself one complete rest day a week with no cardio or weights. I also make sure I get adequate sleep every night (about 8 hours). I don't drink often, maybe twice a month. I have tried prohormones, but I found them to be pretty useless and usually found I had better gains after coming off of them. As for supplements I use whey protein, an MRP, creatine and a multivitamin. My long term goals are to reach a lean 250lbs. To put that in perspective I am 5'10". More important than the weight though are the measurements I'd like to reach. Which are as follows:
                21" Arms
                54" Chest
                32" Waist
                27" Thighs
                19" Calves
                6% Bodyfat

For more details about my routine I have a progress journal at Progress Journal

I'm aware of the mental addiction issues and have no intention of exceeding a 12 week cycle. I'm not really in a rush to get started using gear, but I just want to know my options. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I know it's long.

Legion
                u got awesome goals u wanna achieve bro and thats great, i also wish i had those measurements. But all of that will take time and patience.

When u talk about 3 cycles meals, do u mean u eat only 3 meals per day or three huge meals with some protein in between. You should be consuming 5-6 balanced meals, eating every 3 hours or so.

Whey Protein, MRP, and creatine are good choices for using. About gear, since u said u've been training since last June, i say give it a few more months to grow. Try different high calorie diets and train right and see how it goes from there. With your measurements u still got alot to go, training right and eating right u can boost your gains quickly. Try building a solid foundation.
                When everything is set and done and good o'l Test-E or Test Cyp would be a good choice. The dosage ranging from 400-500mgs a week for 10-12 weeks. The do ur PCT. Just be sure to eat alot afterwards to keep ur gains.

Comment

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I eat 7 meals a day. However I have a 3 day meal plan that I cycle. As in Day 1 I have a specified meal plan that I follow, Day 2, Day 3 and then repeat. Just so I don't have to guess about how much protein, carbs and fat I take in. Just to give you some figures on my nutritional intake...
                  Day 1
                  Protein: 385g
                  Carbs: 529g
                  Fat: 50g
                  Calories: ~4100

Day 2
                  Protein: 540g
                  Carbs: 443g
                  Fat: 138.5g
                  Calories: ~5100

Day 3
                  Protein: 430g
                  Carbs: 446g
                  Fat: 116.5g
                  Calories: ~4550

Carbs are kept high quality, potatoes, rice, whole wheat flax bread, etc.

Comment

whats ur bodyfat?

Comment

I nevered measured it so I'm not sure. I'm definately not what I'd call lean, but not fat either. I'm average I guess. You can see pics which will give you an idea on my progress journal. There's a link to it a few posts above.

Comment

nice red armpit hair

Comment

What can I say, the ladies love it!

Comment

Progress journals are very inspiring.......

Comment

Working...
                            X