Going to the doctor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the doctor?

I was wondering if your doc askes you if you are or have taken any AAS would it be ok to tell him, i know that he is not allowed to tell anyone, but would him knowing this effect my insurance?

It might. They could refuse to pay for treatment of any illness or injury that could have been caused by your illegal drug use. Additionally, it will be in your permanent medical records that you have abused steroids. This has ramifications if a prospective employer needs your medical records before hiring you. Even the army needs you medical records before they will take you. Illegal drug use could be a valid reason not to hire you.

In short, don't tell your doctor unless he agrees to keep it off your permanent medical record.

Comment

Originally posted by spidey
      In short, don't tell your doctor unless he agrees to keep it off your permanent medical record.
      Definitely not something you want on your med records. Especially the way things are getting with these AAS witch hunts. Everything spidey said, as well as if you try to get life insurance, could be jeopardized.

Comment

Originally posted by spidey

I know of many docs that if there is something he/she believes to be a direct result of your AS use and you tell him not to document it, he may refuse to see you again. Documentation keeps physicians out of trouble. It is important for them to document everything they d in case they end up ion court, or, if you are in a bad accident or something like that, they know everything they need to know.

My wife is an ER physician. It's a little different for them, but as for a family physician, they can refuse to see you again .

Comment

Be careful some docs are cool about it and some are not. You might have a doc that blows everything out of proportion, and makes you worry with stupid comments about AAS use.

Comment

Another vote here for not telling your doctor.

Comment

my doc knows, and keeps things off paper. He claims that if i am gonna do it i might as well have someone monitor me. better safe than sorry.

Comment

I'm not a regular cycler, but I do tell my doc before I start and after I finish a cycle. Last time, I asked him to work me up and make sure I was ok.

He's cool about it, but there's def. alot of docs I would NOT tell.

Comment

my doc knows everything i do so the tests i need done are done each time i get bloodwork -

my urologist knows aswell -

its your call

Comment

Definately too scared to tell the doc

Comment

How do you bring it up? Are you just all like.......oh, and by the way, I've been injecting 20x the thereputic dose of test in my ass once a week.......

Comment

i asked if i could get some blood work done(i was just curious i swear) and he says you are fine and healthy and the only reason you would need blood work done was if you were................

So he wants to know when i start and finsh. that way he can track me.

Before he always asked me what i was taking because i was gaining wieght really fast. And i would lie. He put two and two togeather. Things have been cool ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by GreekTank
                          Be careful some docs are cool about it and some are not. You might have a doc that blows everything out of proportion, and makes you worry with stupid comments about AAS use.

Very few Dr's. are going to be cool about it. Let it be until absolutely necessary, if ever. BB

Comment

Working...
                          X