ABCESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABCESS

So i'm pretty sure i have an abcess in my left tricep, last time i shot there i put 2ccs in it 4 days ago and there is a huge knot there.its not really red in color but its kinda warm and i have a weird feeling in my arm, kinda like its goin to sleep but not that intense. im thinking about draining it, i would really like to aviod the doc on this on. anyone have some good advice on how to do this or where i can get advice?

it won't be an abbcess yet. I have had some really bad inflammations (one recently in my leg) but they never turn to an infection. Abcesses REALLY hurt. you wouldn't just feel a little pain. it would be crippling from the infection. I don't want to tell you what to do but take an advil or two and see if it takes the pain away a bit. I wouldn't drain it yet. you might cause more problems than help. It is a good idea to have anti-biotics on hand for cycles just in case. But after a few days if it starts getting worse go get a script for some... just tell them you shot some B12.

Comment

get some cipro just incase but i feel its not an abcess at this time -- give it abit more time -

i have had an abcess -you would know it if it was one -- the pain is intense - i caught it in time to be treated by anti biotics -- a friend of mine had to have one drained -- nothing to fuck with -

my buddy got his from using the same pin multiple times - not smart

got mine from pushing close to 6 mls in one inject to much oil for my body to absorb--not smart

those were the old days

Comment

Originally posted by house1
        6 mls in one inject to much oil for my body to absorb--not smart

those were the old days
        ouch!

Comment

yea it feels like there is an egg in my tricep, i just got back from the gym and worked it alittle bit, got really tight and i had to stop after 3 sets. im taking pennicillin right now and hopefully it will do the job. if i went to the doc would they say anything to my insurance company about me shooting b12?

Comment

The visit would make it into your insurance company's records...as a claim...as an office visit about something perfectly legal. The diagnosis "site infection" would be ok. No legal or insurance problems from that.

Comment

good to know. thanks guys.

Comment

I had to go to the doc about a year and a half ago with an infection in my leg. They aren't kidding about the pain. That was some of the worst pain I have ever experienced. Cipro didn't work either and the doc told me that lots of bacterial strains are becoming resistant to cipro so that may not be your best choice.

Anyway, I fed them the B12 excuse. They didn't really believe me but they had no proof otherwise so that is what it says in my records. They gave me a shot of Rocifin (sp?) and a script for Avalox and that did the trick.

Comment

Abcesses hit fast and hard bro. Be prepared. Also, DO NOT DRAIN IT YOURSELF!!! You are taking an area that may not be infecting and increasing the possibility of infection by 80% by doing it yourself.

Comment

Working...
                  X