No announcement yet.

How/where did you learn about steroids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How/where did you learn about steroids?

I'm 20, goin on 21 soon and I feel like i've reached a bit of a wall in terms of gaining size, i eat a ton, i'm using swole v.2

I'm not ready to jump into it but I would like to learn everything I can about the variety of steroids, and the danger of them all, which ones are safer then the next, which are more prone to cause certain affects, etc....

I know there are many articles here and many discussions, but I see alot of you are with each other saying one thing is right, and the other guy is wrong...so I dont know who to believe and I'm not just gonna guess who is right.....just curious where everyone picked up their knowledge

The steroids are what they are. The discussions come from what is best to stack with what, what helps to get the results you are looking for, what sides are common and how to best prevent them. Everything comes down to diet. Getting bigger = Eating more, Getting Leaner = lower calories while trying to maintain as much LBM as possible. It being your first cycle, a low dose of test is as complicated as it should be. No confusion, other than what dose to run. That will come down to how your body responds.

Comment

I learned some of the basics from a good friend who had lots of experience. Then I started my own cycles and started learning from then. This was 6 years ago or so. I also read A LOT on some of the boards. I didn't understand it all but after 6 months or so things started to come together. You will hear a lot of "do your research" but I think research with experimentation (educated) is the best way...since we all will respond with different degrees to different drugs.

Comment

i just don't want to experiment with the wrong thing and the wrong amount...i wanna know exactly what I'm doing

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor
          i just don't want to experiment with the wrong thing and the wrong amount...i wanna know exactly what I'm doing
          well its hard to explain. I am not saying just shoot whatever and see what happens. By educated experimentation I mean this...My first run with roids I took 1 dbol per day for a week. When I felt okay, i increased to 2-3 tabs a day for the next 2-3 weeks. I noticed what happened and even though it was a shitty cycle I learned from it and did not have adverse reactions. Next I shot Sust once a week for four weeks and thought it too was a shitty cycle I learned how I reacted to test from it. People run into problems usually when they combine unhealthy lifestyles with roids or don't take some of the side affects seriously.

Comment

My time in college is where I read alot on anabolics.. Most of my friends were on something, and I wanted to know what to look for if things went wrong.. One of them is now an endocrinologist, I'm thinking of going back to school for pharmacology.. ;)

My advice: Read all you can, find all the studies you can, talk to anyone who's ever used an anabolic before.. Purchase the new Anabolics 2005, I own every one published along with some old-school books like World Anabolic Review 1996..

Comment

I agree with shibby and stonecold54. Test is as complicated as a first timer should get. It was my first cycle and besides getting great results it taught me how fast/slow my body was changing and what changes it was making due to the cycle. The next step is to educate yourself on how much to take and how often. Of course your going to hear from diff. people on what your first cycle should be, and thats really just going to come down to you. You can really learn a lot from the guys on this site ( as far as how much and how often) and educate yourself on how to be as safe as you can get. But in the end its going to be,for lack of a better way of explaining it, a leap of faith. Your going to have to go with whatever you feel the safest taking.

Comment

i gotta admit i started reading on steroids since i was a freshman in high school. I would read read and read everyday, i'd check out books out in the local library and school libarary. I'd even check out the same books after reading them to get a better understanding of them. I read about the dangers of them, about cycles, about stack, and the proper diets. It wasnt until before being a senior that i had my first shot. I took sostenon for 2 weeks. Thats all, i was a kid going to be a senor, so i wanted to look good (my mistake). I took that amount due to havning no money. But after graduation i did my real first cycle. Took Sostenon for 8 weeks and gained a good 30 pounds from 165 to 195. But again there goes the financal thing, no PCT. So far ive done 3 cycles. Alot of things i've learned were from trial and error.

The reason i decided to give steroids i try was because i come from a family with sucky genetics. Small legs, narrow shoulds, long arms, small back. High tendency of gaining weight, when when all the weight is gain, it all goes to my stomach. Its something i've never want and wanted so i decided to give weight training a try and decided to give steroids i try. I know the risks, but i rather die happy with myself than die a skinny unhappy bastard.

Its not all about steroids , because taking them alone wont do jack to anyone. U need to train, eat, and rest smart or else u wont gain a pound.

Just like BigPete says and he's right, read all u can about steroids before using them. U wanna know what ur using, how much u gonna take, and what to take after using them to maintain what u've gained. Im happy i found these baords in 2001, because of all the vets here, I've learned alot. I dont just take adivce from any punk who claims they know about steroids. I do my research carefully for every cycle im about to do.

To all the newbies here, its good to ask questions before jumping into a cycle. We are here to help u all get better results form ur cycle. U will learn alot from all the good bros here, all the anabolic mods, to the prople who compete, thats why these boards are here to help us, whether its on diet, training, and supplements. Theres alot of hepl here, the search button helps out alot too with anything u might be interested in learning about.

Comment

i agree with juice and took my first cycle for the same reason shitty genectics there are tons of web sites out there man that tell you about the sides but i found they make them sound worse than they are if you read the forums you will learn all you have to along with askin questions don't worry about how dumb the question sounds it's better safe than sorry, i've asked some dumb ones in my day but hey i didn't know the answer, also like stonecold said you will learn as you go keep it simple and don't get carried away...like i did..lol also a mistake but hey i learned from it,anyway i'm still learnin to bro so just take it slow and know they will help you put on weight but they are only part of the solution and everybody reacts different to different gear, good luck

Comment

read bouncers waring about steroids and watch the video on warning about steroids 2 also bro it'll give you somethin to think about

Comment

I first learned about AAS MuscleMedia magazine. I then learned more from the Anabolic Reference Guide (ordered from an ad in that mag). It gave me a decent grasp in a time where the internet was still in its infancy.

Since then, I've accumulated knowledge through the internet, and a lot of real-world experience (from my own AAS use and what I've seen in the gym).

I've never encountered serious side-effects, and that's due mostly to my having taken the time to gain as much knowledge as I could before starting my first cycle. I had read about having Nolvadex on hand, the safest choices, and proper dosages and cycle lengths.

Think of it this way: you wouldn't show up to write an exam without studying first, right? Same applies to AAS use. STUDY FIRST!
                      Last edited by hitmansb; 05-01-05, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X