Finasteride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finasteride

I'd like to how know effective finasteride is, I har it helps the prostate and can reverse male pattern baldness. I'd like to know of your personal experiences. :elephant:

I personally am lucky to not have to deal with hair loss, but I know a close buddy of mine used it and it was very effective for him...

Comment

I used it for around 18 months and consider it a waste of money. Of course, like most compounds, it works for some and not others, I unfortunately was one of the others.

Comment

It won't reverse MPB (ie make significant amounts of hair grow back), but it will stop MPB in its tracks in most cases.

Comment

I don't really have any experience with it, but I have heard that it really works.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Hasn't really stopped my hair loss or slowed it down, but seems to keep the acne away though. Don't use too much, messes with my libido a little.

Comment

it works

Comment

Lowers libido in many.
                  Stops male pattern baldness in some.
                  Reduces the size of the prostate.
                  These take months and months to get the full effect.

Also note: it is associated with prostate cancer itself. In a large
                  clinical trial of people taking it, those on it who did get prostate
                  cancer, although fewer in number than those not on it who got
                  prostate, had a more aggressive form of prostate cancer.

I believe regular taking of this is contraindicated except for those
                  with very enlarged prostates, heavy nighttime urination, etc. If you
                  are urinating 1-2 times per night, do not take this drug. If you are
                  urinating much more than that and are an older male (50, 60, etc.),
                  consider taking it.

Once you're on it, you stay on it for life since your prostate will
                  grow back in size. There have been no super-long studies on taking
                  this medicine for two decades, etc.

Prostate enlargement and cancer are serious problems for the older male,
                  if not *the* most serious problem.

ROMAN

Comment

my bro is getting ready to try finasteride for mpb and advice for him and anyone have any experiences???

Comment

Working...
                    X