prostate hypertrophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prostate hypertrophy

Has anyone experienced this b/c of juice? I've been thinking of doing a deca/test cycle, but the more I read about the stuff the more it scares me away. I've done one deca cycle before and didn't seem to get any problems. I'm trying to decide between a deca/test cycle or another EQ/Test cycle.

Anyone know the chances of getting prostate hypertrophy from deca? I read the profiles, but I want to know if anyone knows anything about it personally.

WM

Enlarged prostate is usually caused by dht. Deca converts to dhn, which is less harsh androgenically than dht. So deca would probably be less likely to cause enlarged prostate than test would.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
      Enlarged prostate is usually caused by dht. Deca converts to dhn, which is less harsh androgenically than dht. So deca would probably be less likely to cause enlarged prostate than test would.
      So if an enlarged prostate is caused by dht then could finasteride prevent that as well in addition to hairloss when your on test?

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
        So if an enlarged prostate is caused by dht then could finasteride prevent that as well in addition to hairloss when your on test?
        I believe enlarged prostate is the culprit of type 1 5-alpha-Reductase (type 1 dht). Finasteride effects type 2 dht. I believe it effects type 1 to a very small extent, but not enough to make a big difference. I need to do some research on dutasteride. I've heard it can help lower levels of type 1 dht.

Comment

Proscar is prescribed to treat BPH.... Proscar is simply 5mgs of Propecia (finasteride), where as Propecia is simply 1mg.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
            Proscar is prescribed to treat BPH.... Proscar is simply 5mgs of Propecia (finasteride), where as Propecia is simply 1mg.
            Yup, I believe you're correct. I just read that prostate is type 2 dht. Hey yj, have you had any experience with dutasteride (avodart)? I know you've been trying to keep the hair loss down and i've heard dutas inhibits both type 1 and type 2 dht.

Comment

So are prostate problems very common with as? Would it be a good idea to run finastride during the cycle?

Comment

Originally posted by wheyman
                So are prostate problems very common with as? Would it be a good idea to run finastride during the cycle?
                I believe it's more that it can become a problem after an extended period of time. So far i've had no issues with my prostate. I think after a lot of years it might. That's just me though.

Comment

Do you mean after a few years it might be a problem or after using steroids for many years could cause problems?

That's kind of scary knowing that you WILL have prostate problems now or later. Makes you kind of question why the hell you are juicing in the first place if you aren't competing.

Comment

I believe enlarged prostate is the culprit of type 1 5-alpha-Reductase (type 1 dht). Finasteride effects type 2 dht. I believe it effects type 1 to a very small extent, but not enough to make a big difference. I need to do some research on dutasteride. I've heard it can help lower levels of type 1 dht.
                    Did you flip-flop the above or am I mistaken - I thought type 1 was hairloss (head type) and type 2 was hairloss (body type) which means that finasteride would only effect hairloss of the head and not prevent body hairloss or prostrate enlargement.

:hmmm:

Comment

Do you mean after a few years it might be a problem or after using steroids for many years could cause problems?

That's kind of scary knowing that you WILL have prostate problems now or later. Makes you kind of question why the hell you are juicing in the first place if you aren't competing.
                      I'd say after many years of juicing. The biggest problem men experience later in life is prostate cancer. So by increasing dht in the body, over a period of time, you're just going to speed up any chances of getting prostate problems.

Comment

Did you flip-flop the above or am I mistaken - I thought type 1 was hairloss (head type) and type 2 was hairloss (body type) which means that finasteride would only effect hairloss of the head and not prevent body hairloss or prostrate enlargement.

:hmmm:
                        That's what I had posted before cause I couldn't remember which was which, but I verified that type 1 enzyme is in the skin and subaceous glands, and type 2 is in the scalp and prostate.

Comment

That's what I had posted before cause I couldn't remember which was which, but I verified that type 1 enzyme is in the skin and subaceous glands, and type 2 is in the scalp and prostate.
                          I hate to keep dragging this out and I am not trying to question you other than to get the best possible answer.

If type 2 is scalp and prostate and finasteride helps with scalpal hairloss what prevents it from helping with prostate enlargement?

Is type 1 in the skin and subaceous glands as well as prostate and type 2 is only scalp. I'm getting very confused at this point. I guess I have asked too many damn questions.

Comment

I hate to keep dragging this out and I am not trying to question you other than to get the best possible answer.

If type 2 is scalp and prostate and finasteride helps with scalpal hairloss what prevents it from helping with prostate enlargement?

Is type 1 in the skin and subaceous glands as well as prostate and type 2 is only scalp. I'm getting very confused at this point. I guess I have asked too many damn questions.
                            No worries, it's a pretty confusing subject and I think I might have stated things in a way to confuse everyone. YJ is right when he stated that finasteride will help prostate enlargement. I was thinking that prostate was from type 1 and not type 2. Here's the scoop that'll help a bit in clearing things up.

DHT is generated by reduction of testosterone. Two isoenzymes of 5alpha-reductase have been discovered. Type 1 is present in most tissues of the body where 5alpha-reductase is expressed and is the dominant form in sebaceous glands. Type2 5alpha-reductase is the dominant isoenzyme in genital tissues, including the prostate. Finasteride is a 5alpha-reductase inhibitor that has been used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia and male-pattern baldness. At doses used clinically, its major effect is through suppression of type 2 5alpha-reductase, because it has a much lower affinity for the type 1 isoenzyme. Finasteride suppresses DHT by about 70% in serum and by as much as 85-90% in the prostate. The remaining DHT in the prostate is likely to be the result of type 1 5alpha-reductase. Suppression of both 5alpha-reductase isoenzymes with GI198745 result in greater and more consistent suppression of serum dihydrotestosterone than that observed with a selective inhibitor of type 2 5alpha-reductase. Physiological and clinical studies comparing dual 5alpha-reductase inhibitors, such as GI198745, with selective type 2, such as finasteride, will be needed to determine the clinical relevance of type 1 5alpha-reductase within the prostate. Two large international multicenter, phase III trials have been published documenting the safety and efficacy of finasteride in the treatment of human benign prostatic hyperplasia. Combining these two studies, randomized, controlled data are available for 12 months. Noncontrolled extension of these data from a subset of patients, who elected to continue drug treatment for 3, 4 or 5 years, are also available. Long-term medical therapy with finasteride can reduce clinically significant endpoints such as acute urinary retention or surgery. According to the meta-analysis of six randomised clinical trial with finasteride, finasteride is most effective in men with large prostates. A more effective dual inhibitor of type 1 and 2 human 5alpha-reductase may lower circulating DHT to a greater extent than finasteride and show advantages in the treatment of human benign prostatic hyperplasia and other disease states that depend on DHT.

Eur Urol 2000 Apr;37(4):367-80
                            Bartsch G, Rittmaster RS, Klocker H.
                            Department of Urology, University of Innsbruck, Austria.

Comment

Has anyone experienced this b/c of juice? I've been thinking of doing a deca/test cycle, but the more I read about the stuff the more it scares me away. I've done one deca cycle before and didn't seem to get any problems. I'm trying to decide between a deca/test cycle or another EQ/Test cycle.

Anyone know the chances of getting prostate hypertrophy from deca? I read the profiles, but I want to know if anyone knows anything about it personally.

WM

just be careful. you could try supplementing with saw palmetto.

Comment

Working...
                              X