Syno and sodium t-butoxide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syno and sodium t-butoxide...

Any of you chemists know if sodium t-butoxide will wash the estrogen from syno while leaving test prop? If so, would it be safe to use?

ill defer to BB, but, why do you not want to use NaOH?

Comment

Yes. Its a tertiary base and will not sapinofy the propionate ester, but will still salt the estrogen.

Comment

Originally posted by prolangtum
        ill defer to BB, but, why do you not want to use NaOH?
        Well, this time around I'm going to use the NaOH, make test base with it, but I'd like to explore my options. The prop ester is somewhat appealing... With this cycle I'll be running tren, so it's ed injections for me regardless, but I may want to switch out to test prop either later in the cycle or as a stack with another cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_Bathgate
          Yes. Its a tertiary base and will not sapinofy the propionate ester, but will still salt the estrogen.
          Thanks man, I'm sure there are a few out there that will appreciate this info also. Now I've just got to find a source for the st-b... Any ideas for this? I'm in no rush, I'm actually going through the first stages of converting to TnE... Once again, Prolangtum and Billy, thanks for your advice and info.!

Comment

BTW, I'm checking out that link in your signature right now Billy ;)

Comment

good find kwik, I never heard/thought of using that.

Comment

So, if Soduim T works. How would one use it... experimentally speaking?

Comment

Same as NaOH.

Comment

same amount? I usually used 2 tsp of NaOH

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_Bathgate
                      Not quite. I realize you are quite respected here but this is not good chemical advice for a number of reasons. If someone attempts this they will not remove any of the estrogen and may get a case of gyno when they use their supposedly estrogen free test prop.

First, Sodium t-butoxide is a 1000 times stronger of a base than water. That means that after someone heeds this advice and tries to use it to "salt out the estrogen", they will just be making NaOH solution anyway since that is what will form instantaniously when you add water to Sodium t-butoxide.

Second, The estradiol benzoate in syno is 3-estradiol benzoate, not 17-estradiol benzoate. This means the phenolic (more acidic) 3-OH is masked as an ester. All tert-butoxide will do is deprotonate the 17-OH and when you add water, even that will revert. This gets you absolutely nowhere.

This is my first time looking at the chemistry forum so please forgive the lateness of this post.

On a side note, if it were the 17-ester instead of the 3-ester, NaOH is plenty basic enough to deprotonate a phenol (Pka ~ 10). One would not have to resort to a harsher base. A quick NaOH wash will not saponify any esters either. That reaction takes time.

Comment

Working...
                      X