Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high blood pressure Q

ok, i've come across a kid who has an issue and i wanted some opinions

he's 18, competition skiier, absolutely no juice or any type of prohormone, solely creatine @ 5g a day for a few months and a super-clean, low sodium, moderate carbs high protein diet. started out at 180lbs over a year ago and now is sitting pretty at close to 220lbs, bf% is low, under 10%...

he went to his family doctor and his BP is showing evidence of hypertension- 140/80.

He has taken it at home a few times and he is still slightly hypertensive.

what could be causing this? I decided to post in this forum since it would get the most views from all types of board members.

he does have a family history of hypertension, however it is typically co-insiding w/ obesity. My initial guesses were the fact that his bodies supply conduits, his heart being a prime example, are the same size as they were when he was 180, so in order to supply 40 or so lbs of LBM, these conduits have to now work harder to service his body the same.

let me know what you think....

140/80 isnt anything bad... wait till that bottom number starts to move... standards on bp are gettin so damn rediculous, also heriditary conditions are usually the culprit, if that dominant

K

Comment

well creatine can by nature of water retention rase your BP a little but its more likely genitics at this point. but num1son is right, 140 over 80 really isn't a problem.

Comment

Currently, I weigh 190 and my BP is 120/80. However, 3 years ago I was weighing 220 w/BP 180/120. The physician ran all kinds of tests on me, but they couldn't find anything. He ended up giving me an ACE Inhibitor, Enalapril 10 mgs., that got it under control. I only took it two months because I got my weight and BP under control by running about 20 miles/week.

They ran these tests or tested me for:
        EKG
        over active adrenal gland
        Questioned me about parents, grandparents, etc.
        various blood tests
        finally tried and concluded I probably had a narrowing of the renal artery since the ACE Inhibitor brought it down.

I think mine was probably weight related and the renal artery had more issues w/being fat, but it was kind of weird how it just all of the sudden showed up and how I was getting chest pains, discomfort, etc. It also made me wonder if I had some type of virus or illness that my body was combating.

Comment

Firstly, creatine should be CYCLED. There is plenty of evidence showing that 5g ED turns the receptors OFF and may wreak havoc with the kidneys. I say the creatine is the culprit.

Comment

First off, I dont think 5 mg a day of creatine will "wreak havoc" on the kidneys, show me some reputable studies proving this, and I wil certainly change my tune .
            It does make you retain some what so that might be an issue, but prob not the culprit. The hieghtened blood pressure is probably from the added weight in general. If he was looking for some good over the counter help try Celery seed, or Hawthorne berry. I beleive both will help with increased BP.

Comment

thanks for the insight guys....

Comment

Working...
              X