Need to fix my hair line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to fix my hair line?

Finally got back, I have been out of town for a while and just got back. I was going to get some finasteride from superior-research and noticed a new product Dustasteride. What can dustasteride do for you that finasteride can't do?? I have noticed that a lot of people have been using Dustasteride. I am researching it, but any feedback would be awesome..

Finasteride only effects the type 2 5-alpha reductase enzyme. Dutasteride effects both type 1 and type 2. The 5-r enzyme present in your scalp is about 80-90% type 2 and the rest type 1. So finasteride will only stop the 80-90% of the dht conversion and not the remaining %. Also remember that deleting all of your bodies dht can cause sexual side effects. So you may want to evaluate what's more important to you. Your hair or your bedroom workout.

Comment

so taking Dutasteride at the proper dosage will still have a large effect on sexual drive and performence. Why did superior research stop carrying the finasteride? or did they never have it. I am looking into using Dutasteride during next cycle but if the sexual sides are inevitable i might reconsider. Any info from ppl who have used it would be accpreciated. PM if you need to. thanks

Comment

also, will Dutasteride just stop male pattern baldness or will it also stimulate some regrowth?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout6
          so taking Dutasteride at the proper dosage will still have a large effect on sexual drive and performence. Why did superior research stop carrying the finasteride? or did they never have it. I am looking into using Dutasteride during next cycle but if the sexual sides are inevitable i might reconsider. Any info from ppl who have used it would be accpreciated. PM if you need to. thanks
          They still do carry finasteride. DHT is the hormone that controls your libido, so yes, if you stop your body from making it, then yes you will have a decreased sexual drive.

Comment

ok, thanks. So with the finasteride my libido should be fine? Also, after my first and only cycle i didnt notice any hair loss but recnelty (like 9 months later) i have noticed it has receded like half and inch. I think it happened on AAS or just after and i just didnt notice it until now. Should i take the finasteride only while on AAS or will i need it year round? Also, u think my hair is done rececding from the one cycle or will it continue? I finished it up Feb of 2005. I dont think im prone to baldness naturally so this is somewhat disconcerting.

Comment

ok, thanks. So with the finasteride my libido should be fine? Also, after my first and only cycle i didnt notice any hair loss but recnelty (like 9 months later) i have noticed it has receded like half and inch. I think it happened on AAS or just after and i just didnt notice it until now. Should i take the finasteride only while on AAS or will i need it year round? Also, u think my hair is done rececding from the one cycle or will it continue? I finished it up Feb of 2005. I dont think im prone to baldness naturally so this is somewhat disconcerting.
              Finasteride would do the same if you take too much. Problem with these hair loss drugs is that it takes a good amount of time on them before you start to see any progress, so you should take it all the time. If you experienced hair loss, then that means you got some proneness to it, otherwise you wouldn't have lost any hair.

Comment

what would be an appropriate dosage to start off with then?
                ive heard between 1.25 mgs and as much as 2.5 mgs a day

Comment

what would be an appropriate dosage to start off with then?
                  ive heard between 1.25 mgs and as much as 2.5 mgs a day
                  STANDARD DOSE
                  Scientists have evaluated the effectiveness of Dutasteride at different daily dosage, ranging from 0.01 mg, 0.05 mg, 0.5 mg, 2.5 mg, and 5.0 mg per day. It was found that the highest suppression of DHT was achieved with 2.5 mg or 5.0 mg per day. At a daily dosage of 2.5 mg or 5.0 mg, Dutasteride suppresses close to 100% of the DHT whereas 5.0 mg daily dosage of Finasteride only suppresses close to 70% of the DHT. According to information provided by GSK, the level of DHT suppression does not seem to different significantly between 2.5 mg and 5.0 mg. And at a daily dose of 0.5mg, DHT inhibiton is close to 90%. Please also read below OPTIMAL DOSE FOR HAIR LOSS.

MAXIMUM EFFECT
                  According to Avodart or dutasteride's prescribing information, the maximum effect of dutasteride can be observed within 1 to 2 weeks. "After 1 and 2 weeks of daily dosing with dutasteride 0.5mg, median serum DHT concentrations were reduced by 85% and 90% respectively." It was further reported that test patients treated with a daily dosage of 0.5mg dutasteride for 2 years, the median decrease in serum DHT concentration was over 92% for both year 1 and year 2 of the 2-year trial.
                  http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article226.htm

Sounds like 0.5mg or even less wouldn't be too much of a compromise.

Comment

thanks alot, some good info

Comment

you guys are looking at alot money for a years worth of dutasteride

Comment

Working...
                      X