precontest: the last week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• precontest: the last week!

i posted this in this section because i knew it would get more views than in the competitive forum....
    i was wanting some feedback from those of you that compete on my plan for the last week before my show. this is similar to how i've done it in the past with a couple exceptions.
    i will switch to distilled water one week out....
    Mon, Tue, Wed:
    -carb deplete (20:65:15) carbs:protein:fat
    -drink 3.5 gallons of water
    -sodium about 4000mg on mon/tue and drop to 1500mg wed

Trursday:
    -start carb load...taking in about 350g(55:20:25)
    -keep water around 3 gallons
    -sodium low

Friday:
    -1 gallon of water, cutting all water at 3pm
    -keep diet same as thursday

*Aldactone: wed-fri @ 50mg/day(25mg am/pm)

Saturday:
    -high carb breakfast with just sips of water about 3hrs before prejudging
    -50mg aldactone after breakfast
    -continue eating high carb foods before going on stage

-after prejudging eat meal of hamburger and fries at around 3pm with very little water, 50mg aldactone after meal if needed

Training the last week:
    -last cardio and leg workout on sat one week out
    -no ab work this week
    light, high rep upper body workouts on sunday tuesday and thursday

this is kinda what i'm planning to do this time. its similar to how i did it in the past but i always started dropping the water intake sooner, i think too soon...
    anyway i just wanted to hear from some of you to see what you think of this
    thank you!

IMO:

I'd run the Aldactone M-F, it's a lot easier to gadge what you need, since aldactone is more of a 18-24hr diruetic....
    M: 50mg
    T: 50mg
    W: 50mg-75mg
    T: 25-50mg
    F: 25mg-50mg depending on how you look.

just an opinion

Comment

good luck bro bring home some hardwear for us at SM!

Comment

yea i was thinking maybe start the aldactone a little earlier but i wasnt sure exactly when...

thanks rocket....

Comment

good luck with your show big guy

Comment

good luck bro

Comment

thanks guys. i think that i'm gonna give this a trial run next week and see just how this method affects my appearance. i'm gonna deplete tue,wed,thur and load up on carbs starting at like 6am on fri and see how i look and if i need to change anything the last week.

Comment

best of luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by joe bigboy
                  thanks guys. i think that i'm gonna give this a trial run next week and see just how this method affects my appearance. i'm gonna deplete tue,wed,thur and load up on carbs starting at like 6am on fri and see how i look and if i need to change anything the last week.
                  How far out will you be when you run this trial? I am guessing 3 weeks based on your other posts...

Either way, will this be as accurate if you haven't sodium depleted and only carb depleted?

I am not trying to critique you, I am just trying to learn as I am new to all of this and have a show coming up....

Comment

thanks Alin..

Fog thats actually a good question, i'm not exactly sure how acurate it will be either but i just wanna get some idea as to how full looking i can get from just one day of carb loading... last time i started on wed and that was way too soon for me anyway. i'll let ya know how it goes

Comment

just be careful doing a trial run -- dont do it to close! you will have to fight the rebound which could smooth you out

Comment

Originally posted by house1
                        just be careful doing a trial run -- dont do it to close! you will have to fight the rebound which could smooth you out
                        i was thinking about that last night laying in bed actually,lol... i'll only be 3 weeks out next week and i don't want that to happen so i'm not sure exactly what i'm going to do. maybe i'll just hold off on that run next week and just go with my gut on this one and trust that it will work.. i hate tough decisions,lol.....

Comment

i was thinking about that last night laying in bed actually,lol... i'll only be 3 weeks out next week and i don't want that to happen so i'm not sure exactly what i'm going to do. maybe i'll just hold off on that run next week and just go with my gut on this one and trust that it will work.. i hate tough decisions,lol.....
                          Would 4 weeks out be a better timeframe? Also, I understand the sodium will make a large difference but I didn't mean to make you question the trial runs accuracy. I have never ventured into this area of nutrition and am just trying to absorb everything I can. I have my current gameplan and don't plan on messing with it but am excited to get a new gameplan together for my next show if this time around everything doesn't work out as planned...

By the way - best wishes....

Comment

thanks fog....

Comment

Working...
                            X