Steroid Busts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroid Busts...

I have a question. I intend for everyone to feel free to respond to this thread whether it be positive, negative, smartass, confused - ANYTHING. I guess I just want to hear EVERYONE'S opinion on the matter.

Why is it that the government is "serious" about busting steroid users and dealers etc? However, they don't touch the big guys like Ronnie, Jay, Gustavo, Branch etc?

Now, I know that people like Craig Titus and some others have been caught but not in the way that I am thinking. I mean, they see these guys walking around "under the influence" all the time, on stage, in the gym wherever. They can watch videos where you see glimpes of GH and whatever the hell else is on the top shelf inside the doors of their refridgerators etc.

People like Ronnie who are "law enforcement" agents yet they obviously "use" but no one approaches the idea of going after them. Aren't people like this role models for the people who intend to use them for competition and aesthetic purposes?

I DO NOT support the government in their crackdown on the percieved steroid "epidemic" and I do not think that they should be touted as illegal despite the few instances of morons (with or without knowledge) who abuse them and then have terrible side effects etc. I am simply curious why the people who fuel the use of steroids, flagrantly display their capabilities, display their "side effects" on stages across the world, yet "uphold the law" or simply inspire people like me to look like them etc are left alone in the supposed matter at hand.

Somone state before and I think it was perfect, is that it's someone's pet project. We are loosing the war on drugs and they need a leg to stand on. As far as role models go, if it's not on Sports Center they probably don't look at it as a sport with enough attention to affect the majority of kids. As you know the DEA didn't even want it scheduled as a class III to begin with. They didn't think it was anything that was a big deal. You don't find it ruining lives, putting people on the streets, people getting shot over it, and causing gang wars. As you know there isn't much legit info out there on AS. All there is, is the media BS of just "it's bad, because we say so". On top of that, who really wants to take the time to challenge the public's thinking and bring attention on them. AS users just want to do there thing and be left alone. Maybe if it wasn't used with a needle it would be a little different. But you know how that looks.

Oh and on a side note, I'm pretty sure that Ronnie stop law enforcment a few years ago.

Comment

Those "big names" you mentioned are often supported by the higher ups in the sport and are supplied what they need.

Comment

also while there are a few "pure" gear busts...most of them start and end with rec drugs and steroids get caught in the middle of it.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
          also while there are a few "pure" gear busts...most of them start and end with rec drugs and steroids get caught in the middle of it.

SC:

That is VERY TRUE! I couldn't agree more with that statement.

Comment

agreed.

Ronnie and Cutler and so on are not really "big names" when it comes to the Gov. There just steroid users Now if they start selling and such thats a different story. Much like the Milos and D James thing.

Comment

Good points - I guess most of this makes sense...

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone!

Comment

YES,,,very true fact.

Comment

Working...
                  X