know what your injecting and stay very clean when doing so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• know what your injecting and stay very clean when doing so

this has been said a million times . keep your inject site clean !! never use pins over . know your gear

talked to a guy i know the other night who just got out of the hospital . almost died from the infection .

they took a large portion of his ass off completely [top quarter ] and he is now packed with yards of antibiotic gause . the wound is left open to drip .

know your gear and keep area sanitized - will not disclose type of gear - was not homebrew though

why cant you say what kind of gear it was?? do you work for the company?? if you told us what it was, it might prevent another person from going through that bullshit! what if we say pretty please with cream on top? stop acting like mystery man or james bond and just say what it is...otherwise what is the point of the post

Comment

Originally posted by quattro225
      why cant you say what kind of gear it was?? do you work for the company?? if you told us what it was, it might prevent another person from going through that bullshit! what if we say pretty please with cream on top? stop acting like mystery man or james bond and just say what it is...otherwise what is the point of the post
      First off, the smartass tone isn't required...so lose it.

Now, here's why naming the 'brand' might not be a good idea; people have a way of jumping to conclusions, and could simply assume that the gear wasn't sterile. It is very easy to get an infection from sterile gear; not properly swabbing the top of the vial with alcohol, the pin not being sterile, the injection site not being properly cleaned, ect....

Simply put, house has no way of knowing whether this person's injection procedure was proper or not...nor whether his pins were sterile, ect....so why post in a way that might assign blame? The post still has validity, as it is a reminder to take injections and the proper sterile procedure of doing so seriously.

Comment

ok your right...i forget how easily people on the internet are so quick to jump 2 conclusions...i know alot of long time users who still dont use proper procedure...i would hope that if you are piercing your skin that you would make sur to be clean , but there are alot of dumbasses out there. still a heads up on the brand could possibly answer someone elses questions if they have dirty shit or not.

Comment

Originally posted by quattro225
          still a heads up on the brand could possibly answer someone elses questions if they have dirty shit or not.
          That goes back to knowing your source and gear. If you have any doubts you can always filter it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by house1
            this has been said a million times . keep your inject site clean !! never use pins over . know your gear

talked to a guy i know the other night who just got out of the hospital . almost died from the infection .

they took a large portion of his ass off completely [top quarter ] and he is now packed with yards of antibiotic gause . the wound is left open to drip .

know your gear and keep area sanitized - will not disclose type of gear - was not homebrew though

Pins are so cheap I would NEVER re-use one!

Comment

Just to clarify, "proper prep" means a shower and a little cleaning with some alcohol on a cotton pad right. Anything else necessary, other than cleaning the top of the vial and using new needles?

Comment

Shower isn't going to make a difference. Cleaning the area and vial with rubbing alcohol (or using a specifically designed cleaning pad) and using a new needle gets you 99% of the way there.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbvr6
                  Although I hate to say "never," its never going to be from the gear. It is almost always going to be from the bacteria on your skin. I hear people talk all the time about things they see floating in their vials and whether it will cause an infection -- it won't, although it could casue a cyst. You can't see bacteria (for anyone who was sick the day they taught biology in HS).

A while ago I got lazy and didn't prep my injection site before sticking my final dose of a cycle. 10 days later I had a pop-can sized abcess removed from my leg (MRSA for anyone who wants to know). The point is, the bacteria can be on your skin all the time and causing you no problems at all. Once you pucture your skin and push it down into the muscle, you are going to have a problem

The bacteria isn't living in the gear (the alcohol sees to that), its living on your skin. If you don't clean your injection site, it won't matter if you are shooting ICN's or bathtub homebrew.

It can get old properly treating yoru skin when you are shooting every day, but trust me, getting lazy and ending up in surgery and then on crazy antibiotics administered via a PICC line for the next month isn't any fun either.
                  Although it's unlikely that you would find bacteria in the gear because of the BA, some gear does have tiny particles in it that can cause infections. A long time ago there was some QV gear going around that had little tiny particles of some shit in it. You could actually see them with a magnifying glass. Back then I didn't know anything about filtering so I just through it out (actually I would probably just throw it out anyway). Like Shibby said, it never hurts to filter your gear yourself just to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmansb
                    First off, the smartass tone isn't required...so lose it.

Now, here's why naming the 'brand' might not be a good idea; people have a way of jumping to conclusions, and could simply assume that the gear wasn't sterile. It is very easy to get an infection from sterile gear; not properly swabbing the top of the vial with alcohol, the pin not being sterile, the injection site not being properly cleaned, ect....

Simply put, house has no way of knowing whether this person's injection procedure was proper or not...nor whether his pins were sterile, ect....so why post in a way that might assign blame? The post still has validity, as it is a reminder to take injections and the proper sterile procedure of doing so seriously.

exactly

Comment

Originally posted by mcbvr6
                      Shower isn't going to make a difference. Cleaning the area and vial with rubbing alcohol (or using a specifically designed cleaning pad) and using a new needle gets you 99% of the way there.
                      How do you get the final 1%?

Comment

You can't, although 1% might be a little high. Even if you were to inject yourself in a sterile operating room there is always the chance of an airborne exogenous microorganism being introduced (attaching to the needle or your skin right before you stick). The point is simply that we should always control what we can control.

Comment

If you know that you've done all you can to keep it as sterile as possible then that's all you can do. I've personally have never heard of anyone that has filtered their AS, swabbed the bottle, swabbed the injection site, used a clean new sterilized syringe, and swabbed the area after getting an infection. I'm not saying it can't happen, but in all my years reading on the boards I've yet to hear of someone doing all that and there being a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Lmg2701
                            If you know that you've done all you can to keep it as sterile as possible then that's all you can do. I've personally have never heard of anyone that has filtered their AS, swabbed the bottle, swabbed the injection site, used a clean new sterilized syringe, and swabbed the area after getting an infection. I'm not saying it can't happen, but in all my years reading on the boards I've yet to hear of someone doing all that and there being a problem.
                            you can still have problems, I made a big mistake one time of taking a shot and getting into a whirlpool. I'm very careful with the sanitaion of my injections, but I got cellulitis because the injection site was still open and I got bacteria from the whirlpool in my injection site. It put me out for a couple of weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by pockethercules
                              you can still have problems, I made a big mistake one time of taking a shot and getting into a whirlpool. I'm very careful with the sanitaion of my injections, but I got cellulitis because the injection site was still open and I got bacteria from the whirlpool in my injection site. It put me out for a couple of weeks!
                              I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X