No announcement yet.

Lance Armstrong and drug use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno. He probably DID use at some point but it was most likely a designer steroid or something not yet detected. Does anyone recall the scandal that brought down Victor Conte and Balco Labs? If I remember correctly, there was an otherwise non-detectable designer steroid (THG) that ONLY was discovered after a trainer sent in the hypo for chemical analysis. I can't remember who it was exactly but it might have been Marion Jones' trainer or coach?

So it IS possible that Lance used such a type of performance enhancing drugs. Yes. Did he? It has not been proven yet, so we must assume his innocence until some evidence proves otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Instinct
      I dunno. He probably DID use at some point but it was most likely a designer steroid or something not yet detected. Does anyone recall the scandal that brought down Victor Conte and Balco Labs? If I remember correctly, there was an otherwise non-detectable designer steroid (THG) that ONLY was discovered after a trainer sent in the hypo for chemical analysis. I can't remember who it was exactly but it might have been Marion Jones' trainer or coach?

So it IS possible that Lance used such a type of performance enhancing drugs. Yes. Did he? It has not been proven yet, so we must assume his innocence until some evidence proves otherwise.
      That's exactly what it was. Trevor Graham sent Don Catlin a sample of THG, a day before Conte reported Graham to the IOC for providing drugs to athletes. Chances are, there are more undetectable compounds out there...who knows...

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/5222786.stm

LOL, LOL and LOL again!, see my previous post on this thread am I righ or am I right?

Comment

I refuse to condemn a man who has passed every drug test he has ever taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/5222786.stm

LOL, LOL and LOL again!, see my previous post on this thread am I righ or am I right?
            You're starting to remind me of Rado...

You become more and more annoying with every single day that goes by bro....

Comment

Originally posted by hitmansb
              I refuse to condemn a man who has passed every drug test he has ever taken.
              fair enough, but can't you concede that some people are in the business of helping others pass drug tests? look at how many people come here asking how they can pass drug tests...why wouldn't this be happening at the professional and Olympic levels?

Comment

Didnt Armstrong have testicular cancer at one point? Would it be possible that he is on hrt because of that?

Comment

Originally posted by go Yankees
                  fair enough, but can't you concede that some people are in the business of helping others pass drug tests? look at how many people come here asking how they can pass drug tests...why wouldn't this be happening at the professional and Olympic levels?
                  Aren't the tests they have to pass supposed to be random? If they're tested immediately after the Tour, how could he pass the test that soon after the race unless he's telling the truth? The questions posed on this site are questions about how long a substance stays in your system. It wouldn't seem reasonable to believe that he's able to mask substances in his blood immediately after the race. I don't know. I'm just askin...
                  Last edited by babyblues; 07-31-06, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                    You're starting to remind me of Rado...

You become more and more annoying with every single day that goes by bro....
                    sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

Once being a successful collegiate athlete I saw that it's harder and harder to compete naturally because so many people are using steroids, when everyone is at the same level people think you need to take performance enhancers to edge out the competition. In answer to Babyblues the steroids that these athletes use are designed to be undetectable, "hence the whole Bal-co scandal" those physicians get paid big bucks to design and manufacture the most effecient and undetectable steroids. Barry Bonds wasn't shooting up and taking pills, he was rubbing lotion on, Lance Armstrong was on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible
                        sorry, couldn't resist
                        ;)...

We can't all be like him you know....

Comment

I live in austin tx, sure Im all about lance and what hes done, but I really just think he has the money to afford the more "exotic" compounds that they dont know how to detect.

Comment

For a long time I had the feeling that Patrick Arnold (Ergopharm) was the mysterious chemist who designed the Balco stuff for elite athletes. He was on Elite as pa1ad. When the whole scandal went public the odds were already that his Illinois lab facilty was raided and the FBI probably already found incriminating stuff although they wouldn't know exactly what it was they seized until their own chemists analyzed it all or Pat just told them as part of a plea bargain.

Comment

Working...
                            X