Sodium t butoxide....where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sodium t butoxide....where?

You guys that were asking about it, where did you find it?

http://www.callery.com Try there, I haven't tried to procure the product yet, if you do so, let me know how it goes...

Comment

Hi Prolangtum.

Sorry I haven't made it over here before now.

You may want to reconsider tert-butoxide. If you are trying to use it to get the estrogen out of syno, it won't work any better than NaOH. In fact, It can't be used in the presence of water (it will just generate NaOH and t-butanol).

Comment

Isn't tert-butoxide EXTREMELY corrosive.........as in, a drop will eat through your hand, hit the floor, and continue eating into the floor. I think that I read this somewhere, and it is also Illegal to ship via mail....it has to be delivered by truck only.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister T
          Isn't tert-butoxide EXTREMELY corrosive.........as in, a drop will eat through your hand, hit the floor, and continue eating into the floor. I think that I read this somewhere, and it is also Illegal to ship via mail....it has to be delivered by truck only.
          Well, it is a strong base and is therefore corrosive but not to that extent. It will cause burns if you get it on you but likely not serious ones if you wash it off immediately. I haven't ordered any in my official capacity for some time and can't remember if it is "truck only". It would definately be illegal to ship undeclared in regular mail just as it would be for any other corrosive chemical.

Like I said before though, it is a waste of time. It is 1000 times as basic as hydroxide so in the presense of water, it will instantly decompose to form hydroxide and t-butanol. There is no advantage to using it.

Comment

Working...
          X