Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cellulitis HELP

Hey Guys,

I developed cellulitis about 10 days ago in my left butt cheek. I had a fever of 102, lots of pain, redness, swelling etc. I went to the ER and I have been on Bactrim DS since LAST saturday...so 8 days now. My fever is gone, the redness is gone, and the majority of the swelling and pain are gone, BUT, I still have a lump, kinda like a knot in the muscle, right where the original shot was that gave me the problem. It is slightly tender, but nothing bad at all. The major swelling of my entire left cheek is down and all that is left is this knot/lump that I can see when I flex up or when i bend to the side a little (I can't always see it) and it hurts a tiny bit.

Anyways, my question is, do you think the infection is gone, and if so, then why is there still a lump? It kinda feels like a normal lump I get a day or two after a shot, but it's been here a long time.

Should I go back to the doc or what? I have two days left on my anti-b's

do you have a fever? is it painful and red ?

your already on anti-b's...

Comment

Originally posted by BadGenCD
      Hey Guys,

I developed cellulitis about 10 days ago in my left butt cheek. I had a fever of 102, lots of pain, redness, swelling etc. I went to the ER and I have been on Bactrim DS since LAST saturday...so 8 days now. My fever is gone, the redness is gone, and the majority of the swelling and pain are gone, BUT, I still have a lump, kinda like a knot in the muscle, right where the original shot was that gave me the problem. It is slightly tender, but nothing bad at all. The major swelling of my entire left cheek is down and all that is left is this knot/lump that I can see when I flex up or when i bend to the side a little (I can't always see it) and it hurts a tiny bit.

Anyways, my question is, do you think the infection is gone, and if so, then why is there still a lump? It kinda feels like a normal lump I get a day or two after a shot, but it's been here a long time.

Should I go back to the doc or what? I have two days left on my anti-b's

If you ran the Bactrim for full course you should be alright,,,give a little more time.

Comment

Working...
      X