First cycle at age 47...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First cycle at age 47...

Actually, i'll be 48 in 2 months...anyway, i'm an old timer bodybuilder, started back in my early 20's, accumulated some injuries, stop lifting for many years, always natural, i.e., no pharmaceuticals.

Q: in the vein of my injuries: i started lifting again about 5 months ago...it's been slow going, but i have made significant gains (muscle), and losses (fat). I'm currently 6' tall, 190 lbs., and guestimate my body fat to be no more than 10%.

I have a moderate amount of pain in my shoulders (both, one of which was dislocated about 12 years ago), and some in my left elbow (seems 2b some type of calcium deposit). Since i'm not concerned about competition or anything of that nature anymore, just want to look and feel better, i've been looking into the possibility of doing a cycle (6-12wks) of Nandrolone Decanoate (Decabol/Deca Durabolin) with the interest of perhaps healing some of my old injuries, and a side benefit of building some addtional lean mass.

I've read that Deca is good for joint injuries, soothing the pain while on it, and in some cases causing permanent healing. Is this true..?

Is my plan ill-advised..? If not, what do u recommend, concerning dosage, etc. I've never injected anything, so i don't know where 2 start, where 2 inject, how much, how long, etc.

Also, the supplier seems 2 b an issue. I've googled British Dragon, and they seem reputable, but have gotten some bad reviews (pain at injection site, etc.) on this site. Any suggestions on where and what 2 buy would also b appreciated.

If giving advice on what 2 use, in what dosage, and how long, please, keep in mind that i want 2 err on the side of conservative dosages, and my main goal is not muscle gain, but joint reparation. Because i was once quite muscular, i can still make significant (relatively speaking) muscle gains, even at my age, naturally. I guess, Arnold was right about the muscle having memory.

Thanks. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

-jaems

1st cycle..

Hey, Rado..!

Thanks 4 your input...although, i don't know what half the thing u r refering to mean...sorry..!

Most especially, what does this mean: "I would say only do a deca since all you want is recovery of joints...But it may shut you down, but then again I don't know if you do a low dose of deca, would it be harmful."

Shut me down..?

Thanks, again.

-jaems

Comment

i didnt read the whole post just the last part. im very tired. but for joints research "aluftops" i will read the whole thing tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19
        i didnt read the whole post just the last part. im very tired. but for joints research "aluftops" i will read the whole thing tonight.

Hey, ROCKETW19..!

Thanks for responding, but i can't find any info on 'aluftops.' I searched this forum, google, and yahoo with no success...

-jaems

Comment

Originally posted by oldnatural59
          Hey, ROCKETW19..!

Thanks for responding, but i can't find any info on 'aluftops.' I searched this forum, google, and yahoo with no success...

-jaems
          Aflutops....

Comment

FitnessBratt..!

Thanks for the clarification. Googled and found mixed results/hardly conclusive. Hopefully, the Deca will solve my problems. I'll have 2 wait and see. In my right shoulder, the problem is somewhat related to supportive tissue/musculature. As i said, i dislocated this joint in the past, and really need to build up the small stabilization muscles around the joint. This has worked in the past. The left shoulder is another story...AC strain. Don't know if Deca will fix this, but it should be regenerative at the very least. My elbow, well, too many lying tricep extensions over the years, i suppose. I actually have some type of growth/formation on the end of the bone, calcium deposit, i'm guessing, which rubs/irritates the tendon. Don't suppose Deca will help this, but limited ROM exercises are an acceptable workaround. Like i said, i'm not trying to set the world on fire, just get back in decent shape.

thanks for your input.

-jaems

Comment

ok read the whole thread aflutops(or how ever you spell it) wont work you have injurys witch would be perfect for HGH especially at your age. if you dont know about GH research it i think you will agree with me. also on your original post you ask where to get steroids we dont give info out like that here nor do we talk about sources. we are just education. if someone PMs you sayin they can hook you up dont belive them they are probably scammers.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19
                ok read the whole thread aflutops(or how ever you spell it) wont work you have injurys witch would be perfect for HGH especially at your age. if you dont know about GH research it i think you will agree with me. also on your original post you ask where to get steroids we dont give info out like that here nor do we talk about sources. we are just education. if someone PMs you sayin they can hook you up dont belive them they are probably scammers.

ok, thanks, again, for the input, and for the heads up...

Comment

continued..

ok, so can anyone chime in on this injection thing, like:

1. when/how often to inject?
                  2. how long to inject/cycle length?
                  3. where to inject/injection site(s)?
                  4. how much to inject?
                  5. what to inject with/needle size, length, etc.
                  6. what precautions to take/what pitfalls to look out for?
                  7. anything not covered in the above...

my current plans: 6 week cycle of Deca, depending on results, no more than 12 weeks, starting with 200mg per week, depending on results, increasing to no more than 400mg per week, increasing from present 3x per week workouts to 5x per week, depending on results, and greatly increasing caloric/protein intake throughout entire cycle, and making sure i'm taking the proper supplements, along with stuff like glucosamine, calcium, magnesium, and those recommended for healthy joints.

thanks for any additonal feedback.

-jaems

Comment

old,

lol, same story, same stats, same age, cept i took the plunge in 03 after two years of reseach, i'm running late and just did a drive by, i'll stop in monday and answer questions

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by trip
                      old,

lol, same story, same stats, same age, cept i took the plunge in 03 after two years of reseach, i'm running late and just did a drive by, i'll stop in monday and answer questions

good luck

thanks..! i'll appreciate the insight, and will no doubt benefit from your experience. it sucks being old. seems everything hurts, and recovery time is double or triple what it once was.

-jaems

Comment

I would make sure you take some test along with the deca. You are sure to get deca dick without test. I get the deca dick even with test so therefore I don't like deca but prefer tren instead.

Comment

Originally posted by bhcpp
                          I would make sure you take some test along with the deca. You are sure to get deca dick without test. I get the deca dick even with test so therefore I don't like deca but prefer tren instead.

Thanks for the input...

pardon my ignorance, but what is deca dick, exactly..? i can imagine, and i heard about this in another thread, but don't know what it is (exactly). why would deca affect your dick, when it is reported to increase your sex drive/libido..? also, someone mentioned something about this only happening at lower dosages, around 200mg per week. is this true..?

moreover, what are TEST and TREN..? I have no clue...

thanks, again.

-jaems

Comment

Originally posted by oldnatural59
                            Actually, i'll be 48 in 2 months...anyway, i'm an old timer bodybuilder, started back in my early 20's, accumulated some injuries, stop lifting for many years, always natural, i.e., no pharmaceuticals.

Q: in the vein of my injuries: i started lifting again about 5 months ago...it's been slow going, but i have made significant gains (muscle), and losses (fat). I'm currently 6' tall, 190 lbs., and guestimate my body fat to be no more than 10%.

I have a moderate amount of pain in my shoulders (both, one of which was dislocated about 12 years ago), and some in my left elbow (seems 2b some type of calcium deposit). Since i'm not concerned about competition or anything of that nature anymore, just want to look and feel better, i've been looking into the possibility of doing a cycle (6-12wks) of Nandrolone Decanoate (Decabol/Deca Durabolin) with the interest of perhaps healing some of my old injuries, and a side benefit of building some addtional lean mass.

I've read that Deca is good for joint injuries, soothing the pain while on it, and in some cases causing permanent healing. Is this true..?

Is my plan ill-advised..? If not, what do u recommend, concerning dosage, etc. I've never injected anything, so i don't know where 2 start, where 2 inject, how much, how long, etc.

Also, the supplier seems 2 b an issue. I've googled British Dragon, and they seem reputable, but have gotten some bad reviews (pain at injection site, etc.) on this site. Any suggestions on where and what 2 buy would also b appreciated.

If giving advice on what 2 use, in what dosage, and how long, please, keep in mind that i want 2 err on the side of conservative dosages, and my main goal is not muscle gain, but joint reparation. Because i was once quite muscular, i can still make significant (relatively speaking) muscle gains, even at my age, naturally. I guess, Arnold was right about the muscle having memory.

Thanks. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

-jaems
                            8-12WKS:
                            TEST E 500MG WK
                            DECA 400MG WK
                            0.25-0.50MG ARIMIDEX DAILY

Comment

>8-12WKS:
                              >TEST E 500MG WK
                              >DECA 400MG WK
                              >0.25-0.50MG ARIMIDEX DAILY

Thanks for your input.

I have no idea what TEST E is, but the Deca intake sounds about right for someone of my body weight, from what i've read, i.e., 2mg per pound of body weight. I also know nothing about the last one, ARMIDEX, except what i read in the link. However, my understanding was that the risk of Gynecomastia (bitch tits) is very low with Deca. Moreover, if that prevents water retention, is the extra water what assists in lubricating aching joints..?

thanks, again.

-jaems

Comment

Working...
                              X