Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70's Bodybuilding - What were they using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's Bodybuilding - What were they using?

I was watching Pumping Iron this morning and a thought crossed my mind. "None of these guys have gyno or anything close to it."

With that said, I would like to pose a few questions to anyone that may have an idea.

1. What kind of steroids were they running. (From what I know, test and dbol were big.)

2. What doses were they running them at.

3. What kind of anti-estrogens were they running? (They had to be using some kind of anti-estrogen or estrogen blocker. Test and dbol were popular back then and both drugs have a high tendency to convert into estrogen. Yet none of them had gyno..)

These guys really impress me. They didn't use drugs such as GH, IGF, Slin and so on. They didn't have very good supplements, no creatine and the like. These guys were "meat and potatoes" type guys.

http://hjem.get2net.dk/JamesBond/www...ndsteroids.htm of coarse arnold was not prone to gyno as lucky as this man is......as far as the GH goes i think its whats recking bodybuilding today
    Last edited by hardy; 12-03-06, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Methandrostenolone (Dianabol) - according to him.

GH is wonderful.

Comment

again though, dianabol and test have a high turnaround to estrogen. explain to me how none of these guys had any kind of acne or gyno.

Comment

I actually never thought about that. They must have known something about nolva back then, or maybe they were using proviron.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
            I was watching Pumping Iron this morning and a thought crossed my mind. "None of these guys have gyno or anything close to it."

With that said, I would like to pose a few questions to anyone that may have an idea.

1. What kind of steroids were they running. (From what I know, test and dbol were big.)

2. What doses were they running them at.

3. What kind of anti-estrogens were they running? (They had to be using some kind of anti-estrogen or estrogen blocker. Test and dbol were popular back then and both drugs have a high tendency to convert into estrogen. Yet none of them had gyno..)

These guys really impress me. They didn't use drugs such as GH, IGF, Slin and so on. They didn't have very good supplements, no creatine and the like. These guys were "meat and potatoes" type guys.

the older athletes i personally know used Test, DBOL, Deca,,,as far as anti estrogens and no acne I have no idea,,,,GREAT question.

Comment

maybe they were using low dosages.. but then again I used a low dosage of dbol last cycle and got a lot of water retention.

Some people claim they have good genes I guess, I've never done a cycle without anti-E's but i know of a handful of people that don't use them with high dosages of test and maybe dbol or abomb and don't get gyno or too much water retention.

Comment

yea iv heard of low dosages an good genes also .

Comment

Originally posted by big chris
                  yea iv heard of low dosages an good genes also .
                  yeah,,,genetics definitley had to be a huge factor.

Comment

Genectics sounds good and all, but for every BB'er in the 70's to have great genectics is just a little far-fetched an idea to believe. There must be something else they were taking in conjunction to have little or no side-effects that we all have experienced on some level.

Comment

When I first started taking steroids I didn't know anything about anti-estrogens and I never got gyno. It wasn't untill about 5 years ago when I first went over a gram a week of test that I started getting gyno symptoms. I don't think they were using doses like that back then.
                      When I compare bodybuilders from then to bodybuilders now I notice a few things. For one very few had legs like todays bodybuilders (except for Platz). They didn't get near as dry either, which is a good thing IMO. I'm a big Branch Warren fan but those veins in his head scare me. I think the guts you see today are from the massive amounts of food todays pros eat to get as big as they are. Costantly forcing food into your stomach will make it bigger. GH might be part of it, but your organs aren't going to get so big from GH that your gut sticks out (at least I hope not LOL).

Comment

at 25 mg per day of dbol and 200mg a week of deca or primo, I wouldn't get gyno.

as for the water, theres the old 10 pints of water a day for a couple of weeks leading up to the show then drop the water right down to just sips on the day.

Comment

Guys who are lazy, and don't eat well are guys that rely on insane dosages. Those older guys weren't lazy, and didn't take large dosages.

Comment

an i also wounder what thay were using for pct if any?

Comment

Originally posted by big chris
                              an i also wounder what thay were using for pct if any?

What's PCT??????????

Comment

Working...
                              X