Bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding

I've done a number of injections. This started happening the last 5 injections. I usually don't bleed at all and now it takes a few minutes to stop. I haven't changed anything from prior injections. All injections are glute.

Any advice?
    Last edited by Bouncer; 12-17-06, 04:12 PM.

Originally posted by maud
    I've done a number of injections. This started happening the last 5 injections. I usually don't bleed at all and now it takes a few minutes to stop. I haven't changed anything from prior injections. All injections are glute.

Any advice?
    Are you aspirating? That amount of blood is nothing. I wouldn't worry about it if you're aspirating properly.

Comment

Yeah. Proper aspiration and no blood. The biggest spot in the middle is a brownish color. I'm hoping its not the gear. I leave the needle in for about 5-10 seconds before removal.
      I usually wait to get my blood work done till the end, but maybe i should move up the date.

Comment

are you going into the same exact spot every time? how frequently are you injecting? How much are you injecting at once? Do you have any signs of an abcess, such as swelling, redness, fever, or is the area hot to the touch?

Comment

yeah... looks like you hit something alright. Sometimes when you aspirate, the blood that might draw back up into the syringe isn't as noticeable all the time so look closely. Make sure that when you or someone else gives you an injection, not to move the needle around too much when its in you. I posted something similar to this and lately I've been pushing down on the injection site with a alcohol wipe and massaging it for a minute or two after pulling out and no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by maud

Any advice?

No need for the pic :bravonew: you nicked a vein,,,no worries.

Comment

what did you think was gonna happen when you pierced the skin? not trying to be a smart ass but its kind of a natural thing to bleed when your outer protective barrier is broken. just don't main line the gear and you will always be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Alin
                No need for the pic

Agreed. I think we all know what blood looks like. Hell Rado probably gets more blood than that from popping the pimples on his back.

Comment

Originally posted by blm
                  Agreed. I think we all know what blood looks like.
                  Hahaha - those were my initial thoughts exactly...

Comment

Working...
                  X