question for the competitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for the competitors

What if anything do you do to combat the post show bloat that occurs. I knew to expect a big blow up of water, but from sat-fri, I'm up over 40lbs and there is no way thats healthy.

Also, could any of this crazy water retention be due to the jintropin, I started that at 2iu per day 2 days after the show

jesus needsize-40 pounds. a lot of it is probably your body over shooting its metabolic homeostasis. since you were so dry and shredded your body was in the "oh shit mode, I am about to die" I think (and I am not a competitor, so this is speculation), that the post-contest should be very controlled and mild since your body will not burn anything off and water weight will over shoot its normal mark. if I were you I would just watch BP and I would actually drink lots of water so the body will start pissing it out. not sure what else to do.

Comment

Thats pretty much what I was trying to do, drink as much water as possible, but no matter how much I drank, I never went to the bathroom. So every night before bed I was weighing minimum 5lbs more than that morning, at it hasnt gotten any better. The diazide is starting to get rid of it, I didnt want to touch anything that might cause another rebound, but this isnt healthy

Comment

yes, HGH cause's water retention, but your rebounding from homeostasis (nice call stonecold).

You needed to eat clean and jump your protein up to 50% of your caloric intake for a couple of days post-comp meals. You also needed to take in some post-comp minerals too. I used to go through that in my early days too. I wanted to eat junk and my body swelled out of control too. I used a mild diuretics to flush the excess water, but that made it worse. I have since learned aldostrone was a bitch, but it will subside after 6 days or so, just increase water intake and salt and minerals-good luck
        Emenia (a reaction from the contest prep=action)set in.

Comment

any change in your weight NS, how are things going with that?

Comment

I was up to 223lbs, 43lbs from contest day, after running a few days of mild diuretics and cleaning my sodium up a bit, I'm down to 208 and feeling way better. Still holding but feeling human again

Comment

Damn Need,'

Ive been there i gained 33 in one week but, 40 DAMN!!!! Good job...Just kidding. Im glad you got it back down. That is dangerous when that happens so, its best to really clean it up after two or three days of shit food....Once you have cleaned it up you can gradually get back to eating like BBers do...It is such a eye opener to diet for 12 to 16 weeks and it all be gone in 1....I am going to try and find that middle ground after my show and continue the HGH at 6iu w/ some light test through Christmas until its prep time again.....God Bless and be Safe, SR

Comment

man that had to be some scary times when your gaining all the water and not being able to do anything about it. i would be sweating it out

Comment

I've stopped the low dose of diazide and a lot of water has come back again, I really need to cut my sodium some more

Comment

keep us posted

Comment

Working...
                    X