Does the NFL Have a Steroids Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the NFL Have a Steroids Problem?

Stephen Cooper of the San Diego Chargers gets caught taking an illegal substance and suspended for the first four games of next season. What no front page in the papers or top story on ESPN sports center.

Cooper is the starting inside linebacker for the Bolts and led the team in tackles last season with 179. He said in a statement that he took a recently banned stimulant and apologized to his team and made it clear that no banned substances were taken before this past off season.

Now while in college Cooper did admit to possessing steroids while being a passenger of a car that was pulled over by police.

This is the second time that a Chargers linebacker has been suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Shawne Merriman served a four-game suspension in 2006 after testing positive for steroids.

Full Story: Does the NFL Have a Steroids Problem? | Bleacher Report

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    Stephen Cooper of the San Diego Chargers gets caught taking an illegal substance and suspended for the first four games of next season. What no front page in the papers or top story on ESPN sports center.

Cooper is the starting inside linebacker for the Bolts and led the team in tackles last season with 179. He said in a statement that he took a recently banned stimulant and apologized to his team and made it clear that no banned substances were taken before this past off season.

Now while in college Cooper did admit to possessing steroids while being a passenger of a car that was pulled over by police.

This is the second time that a Chargers linebacker has been suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Shawne Merriman served a four-game suspension in 2006 after testing positive for steroids.

Full Story: Does the NFL Have a Steroids Problem? | Bleacher Report

wish this stuff would go away ---

what gets me is they pay a boat load of money to these athletes to play 150 % all the time -- it is physically impossible without some form of supps --

leave them be -- regulate it -- win win on both sides

Comment

What i think is crazy is alot of these things you can buy over the counter. I think something like hydroxycut would get them in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by bigscott View Post
        wish this stuff would go away ---

what gets me is they pay a boat load of money to these athletes to play 150 % all the time -- it is physically impossible without some form of supps --

leave them be -- regulate it -- win win on both sides
        same here whats next 200 pound linemen let them juice:)

Comment

They all juice. Its just who isnt one step ahead of the test like Bill Romanowski said.

I like seeing the biggest fastest strongest guys out there anywho.....

More power to em!

Comment

it wil fade from the media in time

Comment

Working...
            X