Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the next generation of steroids here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the next generation of steroids here?

Is the next generation of steroids here?

It sounds too good to be true. Nothing so fabulous should be quite so easy to attain. There must be a catch.

Researchers at the Salk Institute in San Diego have found two drugs that greatly increased the athletic endurance of laboratory mice, converting lazy mice and their more athletic brethren into marathon runners. One drug, fed to relatively sedentary mice, increased their endurance on a treadmill by 44 percent after just four weeks of treatment. The other drug had no effect on sedentary mice but raised endurance by 77 percent in mice that exercised regularly.

As described by Nicholas Wade in The Times on Friday, the pills trick the muscles into thinking they have been working out furiously, thereby generating more high-endurance fibers. If the pills work the same way in humans — a very big “if” — this could be great news for those who want to exercise without actually exercising. And for athletes looking for yet another chemical boost.

Of course, there could be downsides. Harmful side effects might turn up unexpectedly. (Muscle-bound brains? A life of sloth waiting for the next miracle pill to turn ne’er-do-wells into overachievers?)

Any Olympian caught using the drugs would most likely be expelled from the Games or lose ill-gotten medals. The researchers have already devised a test to detect use of the muscle-enhancing drugs and have made it available to doping officials who police the Olympics.

If the drugs work, and the tests do too, at least cheating-prone athletes will be able to stay in shape while watching the Games from their couches.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/op...ml?ref=opinion

I read about this, very interesting

Comment

get me some of those hehe

Comment

Interesting read!!!!

Comment

You want to read some interesting shit do a search on SARMS. Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators.

Comment

Originally posted by liftsiron View Post
            You want to read some interesting shit do a search on SARMS. Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators.
            very interesting stuff for sure lifts -- something i would like to try

Comment

Originally posted by bigscott View Post
              very interesting stuff for sure lifts -- something i would like to try
              i've read that they mess with your vision, turning things yellow.

Comment

It sounds like a drug that fits into a lot of the "bodybuilding" stereotypes of GHB. It also makes me think of all those people about 10 years ago that bought something like this Do Electric Muscle Stimulators Really Work? :doh:

Comment

Originally posted by liftsiron View Post
                  yeah i come across this all the time when i read md seems interesting !

Comment

Working...
                  X