Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If somone has gyno and the glands taken out then gyno can't come back, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If somone has gyno and the glands taken out then gyno can't come back, right?

My friend had gyno surgery and had the gland taken out. But he said that the doctor told him that gyno can still come back. Thats doesn't sound right to me if the gland was taken out.

no - it can still come back. it won't be as bad i don't think, but it can come back.

Comment

I was under the impression that if the actuall gland comes out that gyno couldnt come back. Anyone have any papers or studies on this?

Comment

I would try to avoid gyno period, although for those that had the gland removed then I guess this is a good question.

What comes to mind for me is though gyno surgery is often obvious.

Comment

i'll see what i can find. i remember reading somewhere that it is impossible to remove the gland completely because it isn't just one little round gland. i'll see if i can dig it up...

Comment

here is a clip taken from the FAQ of a surgeons site:

Q: Once you've removed the lump, what's the likelihood of it returning?

A: Well, remember that button of tissue I talked about--the tissue I leave under the nipple. That tissue contains the same elements which can be stimulated again if, for example, a guy starts taking steroids again. So it can come back. Interestingly, one of the first patients I operated on is a fellow who was in his early 40's when I did his surgery. He hadn't used steroids for about 5 years. His surgery went well. I did a little touch up liposuction of his chest the following year, and then I didn't see him for a couple of years. When he showed up next time, he had bigger breasts than he'd had the very first time I saw him. After making sure that nothing else was wrong with him, it seemed that the likely cause of his recurrence was his dropping testosterone levels associated with aging. He was a victim of his own body's hormonal back-fire.

You can find the entite FAQ here:
            http://www.ricksilverman.com/GYNECOMASTIA%20FAQ.html

if the doctor does in fact cut out the entire gland, the nipple would be concave and very odd-looking.

Comment

thanks goliath.

Comment

Originally posted by goliath
                if the doctor does in fact cut out the entire gland, the nipple would be concave and very odd-looking.
                Yes this is very true, I had EVERYTHING removed from the lower region of my chest, some form of pre pubscent gyno, I was about 11 or 12 when I had the surgery done. The gyno will never come back, but as long as you work hard on the lower region of the pecs the scaring isnt that noticeable

Comment

I heard that once the gland is taken out, that unless it is not healed properly you wont be able to tell that it was taken out. If it doesnt heal properly then you will see some sort of indent.

I have had a few friends who went through the surgery and they look perfectly fine. You can even see the scars becasue it was done around the nipple.

Comment

Working...
                  X