Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Numbness in legs......possible BLOOD CLOTS......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbness in legs......possible BLOOD CLOTS......

I have been off cycle now for 3 months and getting ready to start bulker. I woke up in the middle of the night last week with extreme cramping from my ass down to my calves, weirdest thing I ever felt, like a stretching pain. I thought nothing of it and tried to go back to sleep. The next morning, same thing. It lasted a total of about 5 days, off and on throughout the day and throughout the night keeping me up. I went to the doc and he explained that since I was feeling a little sick also it was probably from the virus I had.

Today he called me and requested that I get the proper tests done as soon as possible to get checked for blood clots. He looked into it wants to be sure that thats not whats causing the cramping. I asked him what would happen if there were blood clots and he explained that they could get to my heart and kill me. Needless to say, Im a little nervous.

you should be nervous bro! i hope everything goes well! keep us posted....

best of luck brother.

Comment

godspeed bro. keep us posted

Comment

Damn dude, were would the clots come from. Have you have any injures or surgerys within the last couple of months?

Comment

maybe it is pressure on the sciatic nerve... it runs down the back of the leg... if you can relieve the pain by sleeping with a pillow between the legs... that would be it... either way... I hope it isn't serious... keep us posted.
          -sp-

Comment

Thanks for all the replies boys, you guys might know me as shear_madness from fitnessgeared. The doc is being careful but he explained to me that he has seen it happen, the clot will make its way to the heart and your done, lights out. the other thing is that he used to compete and we bullshit a lot about lifting, i dont think he would have brought it up if it wasnt something to worry about. I have to get in touch with him tonight to discuss it a little further.
            Its the wierdest feeling though, its like im in a hammy stretch, like touching your toes, that tight feeling, but Im getting it no matter what position my legs are in.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAR
              Thanks for all the replies boys, you guys might know me as shear_madness from fitnessgeared. The doc is being careful but he explained to me that he has seen it happen, the clot will make its way to the heart and your done, lights out. the other thing is that he used to compete and we bullshit a lot about lifting, i dont think he would have brought it up if it wasnt something to worry about. I have to get in touch with him tonight to discuss it a little further.
              Its the wierdest feeling though, its like im in a hammy stretch, like touching your toes, that tight feeling, but Im getting it no matter what position my legs are in.
              And this happened out of the blue? No injuries or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                And this happened out of the blue? No injuries or anything?
                Yep, no injuries, nothing, just came in the middle of the night and has yet to go completely away. Ive still been lifting hard, hopefully im not fucking myself up. Im gonna bullshit with him hopefully tonight and see what he suggests until it goes away. Im gonna try and get the necessary tests done as soon as possible. I just had blood work done 3 days ago and im probably gonna get a cat scan to look for the blood clots.

Im a very positive person and the type of person that likes to blow things off, including this. Even though its an extremely scary thing that is happening to me right now, Im having trouble believing that it could be anything serious.

Today I felt pretty good and got a real good workout in, even did a few heavy sets of deads, but got really really lightheaded and had to call it quits a little early which pissed me off.

Comment

Generally you are going to have and aching/stabbing sort of pain along with little or no sensation in the are that is being blocked off. Do you have any broken bones in the last year? There are several tests that can diagnose this, and as long as it is caugt early like you have, it is usually highly treatable. If it makes you feel better, only about 1/4 of the people with your suspected condition are fatal.

Comment

Blood clots usually dont show any signs or symptoms.

Comment

This is why drugs that increase red blood cell count, when used in high doses (EQ) can be dangerous for people. Asparin in mild doses can help, but sure, see a doctor.

Comment

Try taking double the reccomended dose of asprin for a few days to thin out your blood, if it is indeed a blood pressure related disorder this will at least help alleviate the pressure slightly and should give you some relief.

A common injury that I saw in wrestling was a pinched or damaged Sciatic nerve that cause a pulling sensation along the backside of the leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_Muscle
                          Blood clots usually dont show any signs or symptoms.
                          I disagree. Many of the patients that I have come through the ER with bloodclot, usually complain of pain or a numbness below the effected area. Very small clots may not present with any symptoms.

Comment

how did this end up?

Comment

the numbness and cramping slowly went away and hasnt bothered me in about 5-6 days now. My doc desided to hold off on any testing since i started feeling better, he left it up to me, I said hold off. If it starts up again I will get some tests done. I feel much better and no longer fear that I have blood clots. I have no idea what was going on and neither does my doc. scary.

Comment

Working...
                              X