Another inj concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another inj concern

I did my first inj of enantate last night......I injected in my upper, outer quad. Today there's swelling just above my knee and it's really sore, almost as if I injected there. Did the test just work its way south or what? Do I need to be worried that it won't absorb?

when you say upper part of the quad, would that be above the midline of the muscle about 2-3 inches? I have had that happen where the pain seeps into my knee and the tissue around it but only when I have shot too low on my quad. it will absorb, the timing might be a little off but bascially everything in your body gets absorbed sooner or later.

Comment

I remember the first quad injection I ever gave myself. I administered the injection way to low. I thought it was my upper quad area, but it was a little lower than I needed to be. When I gave my self the shot it felt a little weird than when I withdrew the needle blood shot out everywhere. This didnt make my nerves feel to good. It swole and bruised up for about 2 weeeks. But it was a lesson learned. I am thinking you put the shot to low. But don't worry it will be fine. When you inject the quad be sure to go up high. I would say about 5 to 7 inches from your pelvic bone when your seated and your legs are 90 degree angles.

Comment

Thanks....yeah, it probably was too low...just doesn't seem like there's enough muscle up that high....

Comment

i would rather do calves than quads. did you use a 1" or better pin to shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by jipped genes
            [B. did you use a 1" or better pin to shoot? [/B]
            That would be my question. Make sure you are going deep enough.

Comment

I used an inch and a half pin......went about an inch in. Not deep enough? Did another shot last night, but took the advice above and went higher....felt a lot better, and not sore at all.

Comment

not unless you are really fat would you need to use an 1 1/2. I use a 5/8 inch 25 gauge needle in my leg and it is definetly deep enough.

Comment

I use a 1.5,22g and shot often 4-5 inches above knee-outer and inner and never had that problem.Sounds wierd to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X