since it comes up alot .how to inject gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• since it comes up alot .how to inject gear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is always a lot of questions on this topic so the below will help all the newbies and maybe even those of us who have done a cycle or two. I know it's a little long winded but it does cover everything (I think! )

1. Wash your hands (with a disinfectant/anti-bacterial soap).

2. Lay out your vial of steroid, needle(s) and/or syringe, alcohol wipes, and tissue on a clean surface (e.g. a clean towel, paper towel, etc).

3. Sit down and get comfy.

4. Secure the lure-lock on the fit on the syringe.

5. Unseat/loosen the cap from the needle--leave the cap on loose until ready to draw the steroid. Remember to never touch the needle!

6. Wipe off the nipple on the top of the vial with an alcohol wipe.

7. Remove the cap of the needle without touching the needle or the needle touching anything. Draw 1cc of air into the syringe by pulling back on the plunger.

8. Up-end the steroid vial.

9. Insert the needle through the center of the neoprene nipple.

10. With the needle tip immersed IN the fluid, slowly depress the plunger, pushing all of the air into the oil (you will see the bubbles).

11. After all the air is out of the syringe, slowly pull back on the plunger until the proper amount of steroid is drawn into the syringe.

12. You may need to pump the plunger to get a complete fill. As long as you don't remove the needle, you can let the fluid go in and out as much as needed.

13. When you have the correct amount in the syringe, gently pull the needle out of the vial.

14. Draw a small amount of air into the syringe--one very small bubble.

15. Slip the needle back into the cap if you want to take a break before injecting. (It is really important not to touch the needle itself at any point.)

16. Pick an injection site on your thigh or glutes. You'll want to alternate sites, so remember which site you last injected. For your thigh, target the spot by placing one hand just about/at your knee and the other at your hip - -the area in between is pretty much fair game. The best area is the outer part of the quad, so stay to the outside of the midline of your thigh, but not too far to the outside/underside. The glutes is slightly more tricky - both to reach and to isolate the exact spot but is favored by most.

17. Cleanse the injection site with an alcohol wipe. Wipe in a circular motion, to a circumference of about 2 inches surrounding the injection site. Allow the skin to dry to prevent the alcohol from being introduced into the muscle as the needle is inserted, causing pain or burning. Remember not to touch the area just cleansed with the alcohol wipe.

18. Uncap the needle -- remember not to touch the needle or the swabbed area on your thigh. The air bubble should be near the plunger end of the syringe.

19. Go to it and stick it in! Fast, slow - it doesn't matter. Pierce the skin at a 90 degree angle. It must go through the subcutaneous tissue/fatty tissue and deep into the muscle.

20. If using a 1" needle, stop about 1/8" from the base; if using a 1.5" needle, stop about 1/4" from the base. (This is true for averaged sized bodies dependant upon bodyfat.)

21. After the needle has been inserted, aspirate by holding the barrel of the syringe steady with your nondominant hand and by pulling back on the plunger with your dominant hand. You'll see some air bubbles in the steroid. If there's just air/clear fluid--no blood--then it's ok to proceed. If there is blood either push the needle in or pull back a little and pull back on the plunger again, or pull the needle out and start over.

22. Holding the syringe steady, inject the steroid steadily and slowly by depressing the plunger until all of the steroid is injected. The air bubble in the syringe should follow the steroid and will "pack" the steroid down into your muscle. There will be a slight a "pop" as the bubble leaves the syringe.

23. Pull the needle out -- again, slow or fast depending upon your preference. (I think it's usually best to pull out slow--sounds dirty, doesn't it?!) Sometimes the injection site may bleed a little when you withdraw the needle, just be prepared to apply some gentle pressure with some clean tissue.

24. Slide the needle back into the cap. (Remember DO NOT reseat the cap by pressing the tip of the cap towards the needle's point.)

25. Dispose of your needles properly in a sharps container.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good post!

Comment

number 25 who does that? no one!
      I will admit I use a protien container but that is it.

Comment

i also heat my syringe under hot water to thin the oil it helps

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
          what is "Proper" I have the biohazard tubs and then just tape em shut and put them in a dumpster ... im not gettin anymore proper than that.

Comment

Can't you put them in a sharps container then drop them off at the hospital? Guy I knew used to put them in a steel cookie tin and use cold weld to seal it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
              Can't you put them in a sharps container then drop them off at the hospital? Guy I knew used to put them in a steel cookie tin and use cold weld to seal it up.
              My garbage company takes needles. but you have to drop them off. I dont know what a hospital would do if you walked in with them.

Comment

In mass they legally have to take them.

Comment

Never heard of #22 before always heard get all air bubbles out. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
                    In mass they legally have to take them.
                    that would be the best thing to do then.

can you imagine getting stuck by someone elses pin? or worse your kid. I would go nutz waiting on test results.
                    I know I am clean I get tested every 3 months for fighting but if someone got stuck by my pin they wouldnt know that. thats why I always try and be safe as I can.

Comment

good post... you'd be suprised how many people don't know the basics... being a newbie myself i can tell you, youre not a expert at sticking after your first cycle.... seems to me that you may have the process down but some weeks the site is alot more sore than others.... may have a little more swelling than other weeks.... and from what i've learned don't panic and go to the hospital or any shit like that until u know you have a problem.... and no a little redness and fever is'nt necessarily a problem... best advice i could give is if you have redness swelling and alot of soreness.... massage the area alot with alot of pressure seems to help spread out the juice ... it will hurt like hell at first but u can manage it.... and proper sleep......

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                        I never use to then my pharmacy started offering free sharps containers.... So I got one... I just fill it and take it back to them and they dispose of it....

Comment

Working...
                        X