HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!

my blood pressure is high and i never had high blood pressure befor. last year i didnt have ut i also didnt take protein shakes. could this be the reason now that i do take protein shakes? i also took ephedra free hydroxycut about 4 months ago, i dont think it would still be in me.

what should i do to lower it fast because i cat practice untill its back to normal.

IT WAS 153/66

MY PROTEIN SHAKE HAS 320 MG OF SODIUM

is their anything i could eat or drink thatll help it go down fast because i really need to practice... can i drink alot of water or something to help get it out?

Comment

i dont know what your reg bp is or your age, but your systolic isnt all that overly high.

expected readings for an adult male is 100-140mm/hg OR YOU CAN add 100 to the patients age, up to 150 mm/hg

and the normal diastolic reading is 60-90mm/hg, so your ok there

Comment

the bottom number is good....153 really ain't that high anyway....but if you are worried, go see a dco....

Comment

the doctor didnt clear my physical because she said it was high thou?

Comment

WTF? did you actually go to your doc or one of them shitty physical setups through the school...

how old are you? i know high school (particularly) trainers/docs will sideline you when other docs wouldnt

Comment

i went to a clinic for my football physical. i dont think its that high either but the bitch didnt pass me. im 17 years old and weigh 218 1/2 im not fat and im pretty healthy. i also think its because i was lookin for a place all day to do it so i was pretty stressed. but i need tips on how to lower it.

Comment

nitroglycerin will lower your BP.... JUST KIDDING! DONT DO THAT

lol

just try another place bro, like your family doc or something. its not that high and definately not high enough to sideline you, but then again i'm not a doc

Comment

man i gotta miss practice thou! fuk im fightin for a startin position to. its guna be hard to get an appt asap

Comment

you can usually walk into a medcenter or urgi care without a apt

Comment

yea but my doctor accepts my insurance

Comment

A lot of the time it's just from stress. Figure out how to calm yourself down and go have it checked again. Most supermarkets or drug stores have free ones...check on it a few times over the next few days and see what it's like when you're not in the office. If it continues to be on the high side, you really should talk to your doctor...high b.p. isn't something to mess around with. Additionally, keep your salt intake lower, cut out fast foods for a few days if you eat them.

Comment

dont eat fast foods... should i drink green tea befor i go or everyday? i heard green tea helps u lose weight to.

Comment

First off, we need some more info. We know that you are 17. A systolic pressure of 153 is high enough that the doc make a smart decision in deciding what he did. Are you on a cycle right now? (which IMO at 17 you shouldnt be). Your best choice would be a potassium sparring diuretic such as spironolactone (aldactone) if you are on a cycle and having a fluid overload/retention. If you arent on a cycle now or havnt been on recently, you and your doc need to figure out what is causing the high bp. If you are taking any stimulants that you didnt list, drop those. Do you take any asthma medications or any other medications (legal or not)?

Comment

HeavyLB,

Know it's tough to hear cause you are focusing on your starting position, yet the rules are there to protect lives, not end them. Life is a marathon not a sprint.

In general a ton of sodium while increase bp, so only eat low sodium foods, which means all clean and unprocessed foods, ie, not fast foods, no candy, no cakes, potato chips, etc.

Mrs.Puddles had a great suggestion. You can also get a bp machine for like 40 bucks, such that you can check it all the time, if it is that big an issue.

Also joeyz is right, you need to find out why you have it, before you try and do something to lower it, if you don't know why you have it a temporary fix is not a healthful life long solution.

Also, in general STRESS, ie, worried about getting physical, driving around, almost sounds like you waited to last minute, which is stressfull. Stress can up that bp very quickly and pretty high.

Another thing, no caffeine, green tea, coke or soda, they have caffeine in them, before you got get checked.

Hoped You Get Better Soon
                              Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                              X