Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SARMS

Quote:
    Any updates on the newer SARM that was in clinical trials? Forget the name...
    Ostarine. It will be available from many sources in the first half of August

Thanks for the response. How does it compare to Andarine?
    No vision sides, more anabolic, more expensive. Only 5mg is the active dose.

Ostarine ((2R)-3-(4-cyanophenoxy)-N-[4-cyano-3-(trifluoromethyl)phenyl]-2-hydroxy-2-methylpropanamide) (also known as MK-2866) is an investigational selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) from GTx Inx, for treatment of conditions such as muscle wasting and osteoporosis, formerly under development by Merck & Company.[1]

Andarine (S-4) is an investigational selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) developed by GTx Inc for treatment of conditions such as muscle wasting, osteoporosis and benign prostatic hypertrophy,[1] using the non-steroidal androgen antagonist bicalutamide as a lead compound.[2]

Andarine is an orally active partial agonist for androgen receptors. It is less potent in both anabolic and androgenic effects than other SARMs. In an animal model of benign prostatic hypertrophy, andarine was shown to reduce prostate weight with similar efficacy to finasteride, but without producing any reduction in muscle mass or anti-androgenic side effects.[3] This suggests that it is able to competitively block binding of dihydrotestosterone to its receptor targets in the prostate gland, but its partial agonist effects at androgen receptors prevent the side effects associated with the anti-androgenic drugs traditionally used for treatment of BPH.[4]

Comment

So what's different or better about it than RUIs

Comment

Originally posted by the art of war View Post
        Quote:
        Any updates on the newer SARM that was in clinical trials? Forget the name...
        Ostarine. It will be available from many sources in the first half of August

Thanks for the response. How does it compare to Andarine?
        No vision sides, more anabolic, more expensive. Only 5mg is the active dose.
        I like there are no vision sides,,,thats a true plus.

Comment

the no vision sides would be a huge plus, sarms seems to be very effective, just scared about those vision sides.

Comment

S-4 i had issues w/ sensitivity to light but no significant vision issues
            Last edited by jack tors; 12-27-10, 07:39 AM.

Comment

bump
              anyone have experience wth this...

Comment

the difference from what i can tell is.

OSTA is purely anabolic.
                vs
                S4 is androgenic and slightly anabolic.

Comment

OSTA inhibits, s4 doesnt

Comment

I dont know what your mean by that,...

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                      I dont know what your mean by that,...
                      At theraputic doses you can use S4 and it doesn't shut down natty test, according to one study. Same can't be said for osterine

Comment

Mr. Incredible, do you have anything stating that Ostarine reduces test production in the body? If that's correct, is it to the extent that would require PCT after using Ostarine? I've read on other threads on here that Ostarine could be used in conjunction with your PCT, but if it reduces test production it would be counterproductive.

Comment

I've used S4 while on pct and my balls filled out still so it doesn't seem to affect you so long as you stay sub 50 per day.

I've read that osterine does suppress hpta but I can't lay my hands on the study

Comment

Working...
                          X