*****potentially serious problem with the mailman!****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *****potentially serious problem with the mailman!****

Box looks like it's flagged. I told friend to not do shit in response to the note left on the door. The note said to come in person and pick upi your mail. Thought the box would be here tomorroe (tues), butthe note was left today....guess it's a tad early. Friend wants to leave note saying to drop it off at neighbor's apt...I told him not to do shit.

Where do we go from here.....box is coming from a good guy though.
    What to do by tomorrow!!!??????

thanks!

forget it was even sent and forget about it. sounds like a bad thing to me.

Comment

well, ive been told that if it's not late, then theres no problem and that a sig. is all thats needed. So, the box was VEY on time, if not early and that a sting isnt possible to organize that fast, so that sounds good.....but Im still concerned until i know whats is actually happening.
      any other thoughts....anyone else have this happen?

thanks!

Comment

guys your jumping the gun ....1st clean your house next call the post offfice and ask them to deliver the package and leave it . tell them that you won't be able to pick it up.......your don't get out of work till after they close

Comment

I don't know if this could be considered the same situation but I've had this happen to parcels of mine before--If its too big to fit in the box usually they will try to make one delivery attempt-- They don't like to leave parcels laying around in case someone steals them so they leave a card that will tell you to come and pick it up ( which alot of places do after 1 delivery attempt) or the card will say something like to call and tell them a time your going to be home for them to redeliver-- Just try and think about it for a second with a clear head-- did it actually look like they tried to deliver it once?-- could there be any additional duty or any other charges that could have been put on the parcel that you have to pay for?---Up where I am if I get a large parcel or a parcel that has to be signed for they will leave a card and I will have to go and pick it up-- its not unusual out here-- give them a call and check things out-- obviously if it is flagged then when you go to pick it up they are going to keep you waiting around for a while til the cops get there-- I don't think they are going to sit there every day all day and wait
          I don't know what the exact situation is but it seems like all this COULD be normal-- I would'nt be alarmed if it happened to me but thats what its like in the area I live

Comment

alright, i saw my friend tonight and he showed me the letter. its an official parcal note indicating they will pass by tomorrow (tues) and drop it off unless otherwise notified. Earlier, my friend simply said "he had to go pick it up", not that they indicated they would try again etc. So my friend is leaving a note for the guy to leave it with his neighbor who will be home. The note doesn't indicate that it "needs" signing for :)
            i'll go by and see his neighbor to pick it up after its been delivered...assuming everything goes well.

i'll write tomorrow when i get the box
            thanks everyone so far!

Comment

Originally posted by GearTripper
              why not just call the source and ask that person directly if the package was sent with some type of signature confirmation needed.. then that question will get cleared up. also, what exactly was on the note left by the post office. i never had a note hand-written by any postal worker. usually it will say signature needed or something.

Exactly!!!! If the source normally has sig confirmation..Then I would be nervous about picking it up!!!

Comment

....and I'm still waiting to get a response from my source, and im now on a computer that's slow as f*ck, and cant get into my secure emails :(

Comment

The USPS will sometimes make you sign even when the sig is waived. I have had it happen to me a number of times.

Comment

I will be seeing the box today and post about what happened differently....again, I do feel better that the box is very on time/early.

thanks evryone!

Comment

Okay, my friend picked the box up at the post office. No sig required....the mailman was simply doing him a favor by not leaving the box outside. I just thought it was strange that suddenly they didnt want to leave it....but the box was on time and all is cool as ice, so my nerves are back to normal now :D
                      Thanks for all the advice and comments. I appreciate the help. Next time, I'll only shit my pants if the box is late, lol :D

later,
                      blk

Comment

Glad to hear it bro,now happy growing :D

Eat,Learn,Train,Grow
                        IntensityX

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000
                          The USPS will sometimes make you sign even when the sig is waived. I have had it happen to me a number of times.

me too!

Comment

Glad to hear it worked out for you--My crosseyed mailman does the same thing, if it won't fit in the box then he leaves a card and I gotta pick it up.
                            Happy growin

Comment

Thanks all :)
                              I just wish the mailman would just make a decision and either leave them every time or leave a note every time - one or the other.....that shit is too stressful :D
                              But DAMN, do I love opening and seeing all that candy!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X