• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formoterol profile

Formoterol Increases Muscle Mass
    Written by Anssi H. Manninen, MHS
    Tuesday, 17 October 2006

Formoterol is a beta-2 agonist used in the management of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. A beta-2 agonist is a compound that stimulates beta-2 receptors, with little or no effect at the beta-1 receptors. While such products were traditionally used for the treatment of bronchial ailments, the use of beta-2 agonists (e.g., clenbuterol) in the livestock industry revealed some interesting side effects, namely increased skeletal muscle mass and a concominant decrease in body fat.

In a recent rat study published in The British Journal of Pharmacology, the investigators examined how beta-2 agonists, formoterol and salmeterol, affect skeletal and heart muscle mass. Both drugs were administered via daily i.p. injection at different doses (ranging from 1 to 2,000 micrograms per kilogram of body mass per day) for four weeks. The results revealed that formoterol was more potent than salmeterol. In fact, doses as low as 1 microgram per kilogram per day of formoterol can elicit significant skeletal muscle hypertrophy with minimal heart muscle hypertrophy. However, well-controlled human studies are needed before firm conclusions can be drawn. The potential side effects of beta-2 agonists include anxiety, fast heart rate and low blood potassium.

let me add, I wouldn't take the stuff - clen isn't worth that much in my book to begin with - this is just an interesting read I found checking out beta 2 agonists @ steroidology

Comment

Working...
    X