Transfer/pinning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer/pinning question

The gear i get has to be transfered. It is kind of a pain in the ass. I was wondering what some of you thought about just drawing the gear up in 20ml syringes all the way full and then just reusing the syringe with a new needle each time...does anyone know of people who do this or have done it? Is it okay?

I wouldn't do it myself...what are you saving $1

wash your hands throughly
    alcohol swab the area your pinning
    alcohol swab the bottle each time
    rotate locations you pin
    Last edited by jack tors; 12-21-10, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Multiple Injections with the Same Syringe Increase the Risk of Contamination — A & A

Comment

CDC - Medication Administration - Safe Practices for Medical Injections FAQs - Injections Safety

Q. Is it acceptable to use the same syringe to give an injection to more than one patient if I change the needle between patients?
        No. Once they are used, the syringe and needle are both contaminated and must be discarded. Use a new sterile syringe and needle for each patient.

Q. Is it acceptable to use the same syringe to give an injection to more than one patient if I change the needle between patients and I don't draw back before injecting?
        No. A small amount of blood can flow into the needle and syringe even when only positive pressure is applied outward. The syringe and needle are both contaminated and must be discarded.

Comment

this is talking about between multiple patients though.....still not saying it is a great idea and i do appreciate the input.

Comment

You should aspirate prior to injecting anything into your body to ensure that you do not have the needle in a blood vessel. That said, you may be taking bodily fluids into the syringe and if not kept at a safe temprature it can be very bad putting that back into your body later. Just pay the money and get more syringes and needels.

Comment

Originally posted by dog.bite View Post
              You should aspirate prior to injecting anything into your body to ensure that you do not have the needle in a blood vessel. That said, you may be taking bodily fluids into the syringe and if not kept at a safe temprature it can be very bad putting that back into your body later. Just pay the money and get more syringes and needels.
              :thumup:

Comment

thanks man, i have plenty of syringes it is the transfering of all of the gear that is a pain in the arse!! guess i will keep it up hell its only a couple times a year anyways

Comment

Originally posted by lowcashcowboy View Post
                  The gear i get has to be transfered. It is kind of a pain in the ass. I was wondering what some of you thought about just drawing the gear up in 20ml syringes all the way full and then just reusing the syringe with a new needle each time...does anyone know of people who do this or have done it? Is it okay?
                  In my opinion to easy for contamination. I wouldnt suggest it. If anything load them up in individual syringes,, 1ml per syringe and use a new fresh clean one each time. Best way though is to transfer into a sterile vial.

Comment

http://www.superiormuscle.com/forums...-injection-faq

Comment

Working...
                    X