Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will muscle last when you stop AAS / Normal Test levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will muscle last when you stop AAS / Normal Test levels?

I've read that many of you have your test levels monitored and checked periodically, so I was hoping that perhaps you guys could give me a little insight to your experiences and/or input.

I've read in a few journals that the normal testosterone range in males is 270 to 1,070 nanograms. Keeping this in mind, let's say my testosterone level is 600 (just picked it because it's mid-range, I have never been tested). So when I take 250mg of Test-E a week...what does that raise my testosterone level to? Also, when I'm finished with my cycle and PCT and my own "normal" levels return to 600, how long will the lean muscle I've gained last? For this let's say that I've gained 10 pounds in a 12 week cycle of the 250mg Test-E cycle. Lastly, let's also assume that I am still training with heavy weights and eating a high protein diet.

I'm just curious if my normal test level would maintain that new muscle and for how long. Thanks.

Assuming your test levels return to what they were before you started the course i d say you would lose most of the muscle in 12 weeks or so. Hopefully you retain some and that is down to you with your diet and training methods which will both have to be adapted post cycle

Comment

Assuming your test levels return to what they were before you started the course i d say you would lose most of the muscle in 12 weeks or so. Hopefully you retain some and that is down to you with your diet and training methods which will both have to be adapted post cycle

Comment

Really! So in the end, most of what's gained off of AAS is lost? In order to maintain your gains you must continue to do AAS and/or bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by dog.bite View Post
          Really! So in the end, most of what's gained off of AAS is lost? In order to maintain your gains you must continue to do AAS and/or bridge.
          lol yup, seems pretty stupid doesn't it

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
            lol yup, seems pretty stupid doesn't it
            Very disheartening to be honest. In the end most is lost from what was gained from AAS, unless you stay on AAS. So to truly retain gains from a substance with the goal of muscle building you have to use hgh, which actually adds muscle fibers. Do you guys agree?

Comment

Very disheartening to be honest. In the end most is lost from what was gained from AAS, unless you stay on AAS. So to truly retain gains from a substance with the goal of muscle building you have to use hgh, which actually adds muscle fibers. Do you guys agree?
              Mate its a never ending battle to hang on to what you gain and it usually will end up costing you a shit load of cash. Then when you take time of you end up back where you started, well you will always be a little better off because of muscle memory so you will gain faster but its not easy.

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                Mate its a never ending battle to hang on to what you gain and it usually will end up costing you a shit load of cash. Then when you take time of you end up back where you started, well you will always be a little better off because of muscle memory so you will gain faster but its not easy.
                Redback, Mr I and Rado: Apprciate the feedback! :thumup: :weights: :thumup:
                Last edited by dog.bite; 02-13-11, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Its difficult to prove one way or another whether cycling and coming off is better than never cycling. IMO it helped me break plateaus and expand facia that I've retained some of when I came off so that over time I've made solid gains.

PCT, choice of aas at the latter part of cycle is important and the addittion of gh certainly helped me retain muscle weight. what you do off cycle clearly play into it aswell, less frequency but same intensity, trying to maintain heavy weights and protien almost the same

Comment

In the past (10 to 20 yrs) all the weight I ever gained was lost shortly after the cycle ended, but I always attributed that to never using PCT. After coming onto this site I thought proper PCT would help me keep most of what I gained while on AAS. I may look into hgh if I think I can get a good source...I was burned pretty bad a little while back. I guess the battle continues!

Comment

Why not runs SARMS S4 and or GHRP when off, thats what I'm doing with great results and no shut down

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                        Why not runs SARMS S4 and or GHRP when off, thats what I'm doing with great results and no shut down
                        I'm running Ostarine at 50mg a day and and GHRP-6 as well. I started the Ostarine a week after I started my PCT and I've started with GHRP-2 about 4 months ago and switched to GHRP-6 about 2 months ago. I haven't seen any great results, but I know it's a time game with what I'm using, so we'll see.

Comment

I'm running Ostarine at 50mg a day and and GHRP-6 as well. I started the Ostarine a week after I started my PCT and I've started with GHRP-2 about 4 months ago and switched to GHRP-6 about 2 months ago. I haven't seen any great results, but I know it's a time game with what I'm using, so we'll see.
                          Not really I started seeing results straight away. Have you got your diet in check and are your training regular and doint cardio, I'm doing one day weights one day cardio ATM and that seems to work well. Its not as potent as AAS but its a good second best. Only thing is I don't know about osterine as to whether it shuts you down

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr incredible;567165]Not really I started seeing results straight away. Have you got your diet in check and are your training regular and doint cardio, I'm doing one day weights one day cardio ATM and that seems to work well. Its not as potent as AAS but its a good second best. Only thing is I don't know about osterine as to whether it shuts you down[/QUOTE

My diet is moderately good considering I do not have true control of what's served to me, but I try. I do train regulary on a 5 on 1 off plan. Cardio is there, but I just started about 2 weeks ago, prior to that I was trying to bulk and had cut out cardio totally. Shit, I hope Ostarine doesn't shut you down!

Comment

Hows it going did you retain your gains so far? what did you do for PCT?
                              Last edited by jack tors; 02-13-11, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X