Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father claims son's steroid use lead to his death from heroin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father claims son's steroid use lead to his death from heroin.

A distraught father told an inquest he believed his son had turned to heroin after becoming hooked on performance enhancing steroids.

Amateur bodybuilder Ian Karl Jens Barlow, from Oakridge Road, Basingstoke was found dead by his parents on September 27 having overdosed on the class A drug.

North Hampshire coroner Andrew Bradley recorded a verdict of accidental death at Alton Magistrates Court earlier this month.

Ian’s father Karl told the inquest that he had become increadingly concerned over his son’s wellbeing around 10 years ago when the 33-year-old started taking steroids to fuel his bodybuilding.

He said he had taken him to drug rehabilitation in a bid to wean his son off the substances. “I did try to warn him off steroids in the beginning,” he said. “It did not work so I took him to the Priory - that was a waste of time.”

When asked by Mr Bradley when his son’s heroin habit started, he said it was during his time lifting weights.

“It just started when he was doing bodybuilding and weight lifting,” Mr Barlow said. “A lot of his friends had gone the same way.”

Mr Barlow said that Ian had moved back to the family home following the break-up of a previous relationship.

The father told the inquest that the night before his son’s death “everything was normal”. The next day, Mr Barlow and his wife had left to go shopping. When they returned at 5pm, Ian’s curtains were still drawn.

After entering his room, Ian was pale and unresponsive.

He was lying with a syringe still in his right arm, and a bandage covering his left palm.

PC Richard Right, from Basingstoke police station, said at the inquest said the death was not suspicious.

In recording the verdict of accidental death Mr Bradley said: “There are no thoughts that he was trying to kill himself.

“It is a horrible overdose situation, but that is the risk you run with drug use.”

When you juice you inject, some begin to inject intravenous, gh, igf, nubian can lead to other opiates

Comment

Originally posted by rado
      Steroids do fuck with you mentally; fact...MOST people who use them, always want more and just don't settle. You also have those who are already fucked up in the head and have no need to be doing AS.
      Lol, we're all fucked up in the head bro.

Comment

Originally posted by auri View Post
        Lol, we're all fucked up in the head bro.
        I'm fine its everyone else thats crazy and hooked:thumup:

Comment

Typical story kinda like the wrestler chris b. that hung himself and killed his family. Everyone wants to blame steroids or the last illegal shit he was doing. In this case the dumbass investigators are thinkin, oh yeah, he used a needle to juice so it makes perfect sense that it encouraged him to shoot heroin cuz u need a needle for that too right? What if he fuckin died from snorting coke? Hell, u dont need a needle for that but they will probably think because he used a illegal substance (steroids) that it was a gateway to use coke because they are both illegal. Or just fuckin maybe there was some other shit he was dealing with in his life that lead to him to using heroin like his peers, or to numb himself from a bad experience in life or stress he was going thru, bad parenting, suicide... Something encourages one to go as far as to use heroin and I really doubt it was because of his steroid use.. I mean common, I hate psychedelic drugs but I shoot steroids.. So I guess that means ima shoot heroin later in life. Hahaha ignorance is bliss.

Comment

the type of person that goes so far as to OD on Heroin is the type of person that would have gotten into real trouble in life with or without steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              the type of person that goes so far as to OD on Heroin is the type of person that would have gotten into real trouble in life with or without steroids.
              I know; you have to stick a lot of tar to OD. A little never hurt anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan

I know; you have to stick a lot of tar to OD. A little never hurt anyone.
                Wrong. Lost my childhood best friend to just "a little" heroin. Fuckin junk!

Comment

LoL " a little never hurt anyone."

Comment

There is no such thing as "a little" heroin. The one drug always talked about as being extremely addicting from the first shot.

Comment

Guys the sarcasm was bc Bouncer said the type of person who "od's" on heroin...

My sarcasm was the type who tries it, even just a little mainline is on a destructive path. Shit ive never tried bain too scared.

Comment

Working...
                      X