Heath's response to steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath's response to steroids

SLAM: What do you say to people who accuse you of using steroids?

PH: When they ask me that, I ask, Why dude, you think I need to? I think that’s just common ignorance. Usually, people that do that are insecure already so they think that’s the only way I got like that. And what people have to focus on is, ‘What is he doing to get himself like that?’ They don’t wanna ask. If it was that easy, everybody would be good. So it has to be more than that. And we’ve all see multiple athletes. Are you seriously gonna discount that I get up at 4:30 every morning and go do 45 minutes of cardio. They don’t realize I eat seven or eight times a day of healthy food. Most people couldn’t tell me the macros that are in every meal they take throughout the day. Because the average person doesn’t do it. They’re not gonna know how healthy fats work and guess what? I get paid to do this. Has anyone ever known someone that could just look at a weight and grow? No. Sure, I’m genetically gifted, but what if someone genetically gifted like me, took that talent and became educated about nutrition and given the money and resources to do it? You’d look like me too. My job is to weight lift. I train with best equipment. I get more treatment on my body than the average football player. Acupuncture four days a week, massage one to two days a week, I get chiropractic work, I get decompression people don’t even know what the hell that is, which is elongating the spinal cord and vertebrae. They don’t educate themselves on the process. I have an infrared sauna at my house to eliminate toxins and hyperbaric chamber in my house. Just all the things I mentioned. I have a chicken sponsor and an egg white sponsor. I’m getting the best food. I have the black man’s dream: free chicken!

From SLAM online magazine (Interview with Phil Heath)

To read the whole article click here:
    SLAM ONLINE Interviews: Phil

Classic lol seems like he likes his chicken and bbq sauces

SLAM: Since everyone will be looking to get in shape for the New Year, give us an example of how to eat right.

PH: You need to realize it’s all about food selection and portion control. Food selection, meaning people will say, ‘Well I can’t cook for myself everyday.’ Well you can still go to fast food places and still eat healthy. Don’t get the big cheeseburger, fries and a Coke. You can do like a chicken burger, less saturated fats. You don’t have to get the sauces on it and a lot of places will let you have it your way with no salt and no butter on the bun. You just have to let them know how you want it. You can tell them don’t put butter on my steak, don’t use heavy oils. You gotta eat protein with every meal: turkey, chicken, eggs, steak and fish and not relying on vegan diet to get protein. Make sure you get protein with every meal and drink a lot of water. You also have to drink a lot of water. The average person should drink at least one ounce of water for every pound they weigh. Water is important because it helps flush out all the toxins in your body and it helps absorb all the nutrients you’re taking in. And for those that want to get leaner, try to eliminate as much sugar as possible: sodas, even milk has sugar in it. A lot of things that are low fat have tons of sugar in it, so salad dressings that are low fat have sugar. Check labels for sugar contents, glucose stores as fat very quickly. Watch your portions if you’re trying to get lean and if you love BBQ sauce and ketchup, you’re gonna be in trouble because they’re both very high in sodium and carbs. Sodium will bloat you and sugar doesn’t get used quick enough.

Comment

LoL

Comment

Agreed on the good food. LOL @ the hyperbaric chamber and toxin elimination. And who are we kidding about the 'roids....not sure what's the problem with being honest about it. "Yeah I use, but I also work hard to achieve my results..."

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
          Agreed on the good food. LOL @ the hyperbaric chamber and toxin elimination. And who are we kidding about the 'roids....not sure what's the problem with being honest about it. "Yeah I use, but I also work hard to achieve my results..."
          I can understand denying use to keep out of trouble but to go out of your way and go on a long rant about how you don't need em etc.. Is lame

Comment

Agreed. Didn't think about the LE angle, but yeah, the rant is sanctimonious.

Comment

Can't blame him for lying. He'd lose a lot if he admitted to juicing.

Comment

For legal reasons alone, it's smart to deny using AAS if you're an American. I don't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmansb
                  For legal reasons alone, it's smart to deny using AAS if you're an American. I don't blame him.
                  Not about denying. Bout going on a long rant about how steroid users are lazy etc..

Comment

Working...
                  X