Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Owners of Asia Pharma and British Dragon will be extradited to the USA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owners of Asia Pharma and British Dragon will be extradited to the USA.

The Graz Higher Regional Court confirmed on Tuesday the 11 January ruling of the Klagefurt Provincial Court to extradite to the US Alenka and Mihael Karner, a Slovenian couple suspected of illegal import and distribution of anabolic steroids into the US.

who do the US think they are? I don't get it, they should bee tried in their own country

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
      who do the US think they are? I don't get it, they should bee tried in their own country
      The U.S. does whatever the fuck we want

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
        They broke US laws. The US has a legitimate case for claiming jurisdiction and Slovenia is obliged to detain them and extradite them if the US case passes muster. This is pretty fundamental to international law. The message doesn't say if they broke Slovenian law. If they didn't, a Slovenian court would have no jurisdiction.

Comment

Then this is why people slam hijacked airplanes into densely populated office blocks. I say this because when out happened the US was in dissaray and totally dumfounded as to where the hate came from. The arrogance of that attitude is dangerous. If a US citizen was caught trafficking stuff by mail to pakistan would you see out as equitable that he be extradited to gave trial and sentence there then?

Can no one see the hypocrisy?
          Last edited by Mr I; 03-07-12, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Lots of Americans who committed crimes in other countries have been extradited. You are not making any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
              Lots of Americans who committed crimes in other countries have been extradited. You are not making any sense.
              This is true. Most civilized countries have extradition pacts with one another.

Comment

Every country has an obligation to protect its citizens against unlawful and unreasonable detention by a foreign country. That's why you have embassies and consulates all over the place - it is not just for diplomacy but as a sovereign outpost of a country so that it can offer assistance to its citizens in need. In this case, Slovenia certainly should not take the word of the United States - it should evaluate the US claim and make sure no Slovenian citizen suffers loss of liberty without just cause and without due process. This is why I am sure Slovenia ensured that the individuals in question will get a fair trial and due process before they extradite anyone.

The United States leaves no stone unturned to protect its citizens. Note the recent case where the SEALs went into Somalia to recover the US and Danish hostages. I firmly believe that when the shit hits the fan, there is no document more valuable than a US passport. Your country will literally go the ends of the earth to try to bring you back home. That being said, if a foreign country with laws that are consistent with either English common law or a civil law standard of Western society happens to request extradition of an American who has committed a crime in that country, you can be sure that the US is obligated to hand him/her over after checking to make sure that they will get a fair trial and that that the laws in the country are consistent with civilized society.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                  Every country has an obligation to protect its citizens against unlawful and unreasonable detention by a foreign country. That's why you have embassies and consulates all over the place - it is not just for diplomacy but as a sovereign outpost of a country so that it can offer assistance to its citizens in need. In this case, Slovenia certainly should not take the word of the United States - it should evaluate the US claim and make sure no Slovenian citizen suffers loss of liberty without just cause and without due process. This is why I am sure Slovenia ensured that the individuals in question will get a fair trial and due process before they extradite anyone.

The United States leaves no stone unturned to protect its citizens. Note the recent case where the SEALs went into Somalia to recover the US and Danish hostages. I firmly believe that when the shit hits the fan, there is no document more valuable than a US passport. Your country will literally go the ends of the earth to try to bring you back home. That being said, if a foreign country with laws that are consistent with either English common law or a civil law standard of Western society happens to request extradition of an American who has committed a crime in that country, you can be sure that the US is obligated to hand him/her over after checking to make sure that they will get a fair trial and that that the laws in the country are consistent with civilized society.
                  It's not a balanced affair though, your so insular in your view point your blind

Comment

Working...
                  X