Exactly what is DNP made from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly what is DNP made from?

I'll never try it. But i was just wondering what is DNP made from? Cause i know it can be pretty toxic if taken to much and can die if taken to much. So where are these ingredients made from?

Excuse me sir. but a little off topic. Could you please change your font color because I can't see it on my comp with out highlighting it. :D

Comment

Your computer must be messed up. Cause the font is red and everyone can see it. Not being a dick. But i type in red on all the boards... :)

Comment

dinitrophenol...

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed54
          Your computer must be messed up. Cause the font is red and everyone can see it. Not being a dick. But i type in red on all the boards... :)
          gets on my nerves as well. not being a dick either. lol

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
            dinitrophenol...
            Sorry BOUNCER. Anyways so where does this chemical come from though? Thats what i wanted to know?

Comment

What do you mean 'where does it come from?'. Its synthetic, used in pesticides, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed54
                My moniter is fuxored. But it's all I have atm.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
                  Its synthetic, used in pesticides, etc.
                  Thats what i wanted to know. Thank you... :D

Comment

they used to use it to explode dynamite as well

Comment

(2, 4, DiNitroPhenol) is it's own molecule so if you have crystal DNP it's 99.99999% pure (the only thing there is DNP) if it's powdered it has water in it too. Most likely if you buy it in capsule form it's mixed with enough cornstarch to make it a certain concentration.

So, DNP has DNP in it, and the capsules have DNP and Cornstarch (or some other inert filler) in them. (Generally Speaking of course).

Comment

DNP
                        It has been used mainly as a pesticide and in purifying wastewater.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by DangerousGround; 08-13-03, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I'm on it right now at 800mg/d of the powder. Don't feel bad at all...
                          DNP is a molecule containing Carbon, Hydrogen Nytrogen and Oxygen atoms. Quemical comp is C6 H4 N2 O5.
                          Last edited by Cubanjuice; 08-13-03, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pudgy
                            they used to use it to explode dynamite as well
                            I think you may be thinking of trinitrophenol (picric acid). Trinitrophenol is an explosive with a somewhat higher energy of activation (takes a little more energy to set it off) than TNT (trinitrotoluene). I doubt dinitrophenol is an explosive at all and if it is, it would have a much higher energy of activation than TNT or picric acid. I don't think it would be convenient to use as an explosive as it woulde take too much energy to detonate it.

Comment

DNP is highly explosive. By federal law it must be transported diluted in 10% water due to it's flammability. It was utilized as the primer for TNT on the 1900's. It has become a top item on the FBI's list due to it's possible use by terrorists to make bombs among other phenols.
                              Trinitrophenol (picric acid or TNP) is more explosive than TNT and DNP and it was used as an artillery filler. Picric acid will kill you in 18-24 hours. It's highly corrosive. It will cause liver and kidney failure fast. If you take that you'll get mad stomach cramps from all the nitrogen monoxide liberated when it comes in touch with organic matter then yellowing of your teeth, lips, neck and cheecks. The lethal dose for TNP is 10-15ml (2-3 tbs).
                              Last edited by Cubanjuice; 08-13-03, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X