Avoiding fats while on slin a myth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoiding fats while on slin a myth??

"Some people mistakenly think that they must avoid all fat the entire time slin is active, but this is not true. At certain times I think it is beneficial to avoid fats when using slin, such as around workouts...anytime your blood sugar is already low...or when you have not eaten for a while. Aside from those times, one's propensity to add bodyfat will determine how much/often they can comume fat along with their insulin.

I have known some guys who can eat entire bags of Chips Ahoy cookies at one time (probably about 100 grams if fat) and a protein shake with their insulin, yet kep theur BF% in the single digits year round. Of course, many people would add BF with such a diet while using slin, but not everyone. For the guys who don't, consuming fat during this time is of little consequence, in terms of BF gain. One of the benefits of consuming large amounts of fats & carbs simultaeously while using slin is that it will increase muscle fullness tremendously...more than carbs alone, but like I stated above, most guys could not do this with any regularity and still stay lean. This leads me to my next point.

Another benefit of consuming both carbs & fats while using insulin is that it can prompt growth above and beyond what is achieved with the typical "clean" meal. The key to effectiveness with this type of program is to employ it infrequently, or else it will become counterproductive and also add bodyfat. In addition, this works much better for BB'rs who typically at clean all the time...or at least most of the time. For BB'rs who already eat a lot of fat in ther diets, their is little to no advantage in including extra fat with their insulin. Lastly, timing should be considered as well. A great time to implment this program would be post-workout, after the BB'r has already consumed at least some fat-free protein/aminos and a small amount of rapidly digesting carbs. About 30 minutes after this small protein-carb shake is consumed, follow it up with a big-ass meal containing plenty of carbs, protein, and fat.

It may appear that this way of thinking is contradictory to the conventionally accepted low-fat insulin meals commonly utilized by most BB'rs....and it is...kind of. I am 100% in suport of keeping most meals-shakes lower in fat while insulin is active, but not all. Why? It is fairly well known that for BB'rs who regularly eat clean, the occasional fatty & sugary cheat meal can help spur growth new growth. Many of us have witnessed this is one our own lives or in the lives of our clients, which is why most (if not all) coaches will occasionally recommend a more "dirty" cheat meal at certain times.

So, if these type of dirty cheat meals have proven beneficial for growth when used appropriately, the concomitant use of insulin is only going to amplify any of the muscle-building benefits which are derived from this meal.

Try it and see for yourself. Later that day or the following morning you will wake up full, hard, and vascular."
Working...
X