Blood work question IGF levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood work question IGF levels

Is IGF included in normal blood work or do you have to specifically ask for it?

Also what exactly do you say if they ask what its for?

Comment

And how do you "order" it. You just walk in and say I want my igf level tested? And what about when it comes back high? You say "cool, thanks" lol

Comment

you have to ask for it. but your doc has to tell them to test for it. you can not walk in labcorp and say hey check my IGF. you need a doc referal saying to check it.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19
          you have to ask for it. but your doc has to tell them to test for it. you can not walk in labcorp and say hey check my IGF. you need a doc referal saying to check it.
          What if you don't have insurance or even a family doc. Can you not somehow get a blood work referral by just calling up a doc?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            What if you don't have insurance or even a family doc?
            In America, you're fucked:retard:

Comment

IGF is something MOST Dr's don't perform. Usually when blood work is done, 2 vials are taken. Not going to list of what gets tested but it's quite a bit.

IGF
              Free Test
              T3(most expensive)
              Blood type(I know crazy)

/\ These are pretty expensive. Look into buying yourself a personal insurance plan. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
                IGF is something MOST Dr's don't perform. Usually when blood work is done, 2 vials are taken. Not going to list of what gets tested but it's quite a bit.

IGF
                Free Test
                T3(most expensive)
                Blood type(I know crazy)

/\ These are pretty expensive. Look into buying yourself a personal insurance plan. Good luck.
                T3 is $31 bucks. test levels were most. here check this
                http://www.superiormuscle.com/forums...4-labcorp-fees

Comment

I'd say "I've been taking hgh and want to see if its doing anything or not."

My Dr. works for me if she has a problem with something I'm doing she can give me a 5 min speech on the negative side effects and shit and I'll listen and do what I want anyways. Dr.s aren't law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                    T3 is $31 bucks. test levels were most. here check this
                    http://www.superiormuscle.com/forums...4-labcorp-fees
                    Nice link.

I should of been more specific with my post.

Checking your thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)...It should include NOT only just T3, but also these; (T3 uptake, T4, T7) and to add. You also have Free T3 levels and Free T4 levels...So essentially when does who have insurance; get it all done. Which BTW, all these mentioned here, you're looking at some good change $$$

Tell your Dr. it's been a long time since you've had a COMPLETE panel done and also to make sure they bill it correctly, as in the Dr requesting it, NOT the patient.

Men in general should NOT be so worried about Thyroid issues unless you're taking some for of synthetic hormone liquids; like T3 or you're getting fat.

In my opinion what's the most important to get regularly checked while off/on is your HDL/LDL/AST/ALT/Tryg/WBC/RBC and a few others....I could go and on about this but you get the point.

We take our bodies for granted, even while being natural. The food we eat, the exposure to the outside, what we breath, etc...Our bodies take a beating 24/7 and we as adults need to be more cautious of ourselves.

People make things way too complicated when they see a Dr. Just be upfront about what you're doing. If they decide not be of assistance, find another Dr.

Comment

So this thread is about IGF testing and sonehow we are on insurance, what men should and should not have tested, T3 testing prices???? Bouncer's thread got totally hijacked here....LOL Reminds me of our little buddy.... :)

Comment

What if you don't have insurance or even a family doc. Can you not somehow get a blood work referral by just calling up a doc?
                        Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                        So this thread is about IGF testing and sonehow we are on insurance, what men should and should not have tested, T3 testing prices???? Bouncer's thread got totally hijacked here....LOL Reminds me of our little buddy.... :)
                        Not trying to be a dick here "buddy"...but read his posts next time. Insurance was brought up...I'm here posting and helping others. If you want to be a wise ass, I'd suggest you visit the local bar for that.

Comment

but lets say someone has no insurance and not even a family doc. is there anyway possible to get IGF levels tested?

Comment

but lets say someone has no insurance and not even a family doc. is there anyway possible to get IGF levels tested?
                            Why do you think they need to be tested? Do you have any indication they should?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
                              Why do you think they need to be tested? Do you have any indication they should?
                              its to make sure the GH they are on is real. if the gh is real igf levels should be higher.

Comment

Working...
                              X