Just had hernia surgery......sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had hernia surgery......sucks.

I dont plan on being down long. Anyone know average loss of time? 282 now,dont want to hit 270.

No, just know in general not being able to feel the iron in hands is painful.

Take care and heal fast.

Comment

How did you do it? Training?

Comment

Don't rush back....any breach of the abdominal wall tends to be a slow-healing injury. You're not going to 'disappear' overnight...and we all know that if you do lose some size, there are plenty of ways to get it back in a hurry once you're 100% healed.

Comment

hitting on what was said above, I broke a metacarpal in my hand and didnt train for a good 6-7 weeks, and I think the time off did me good, because I have been back for 2 weeks and the size is coming back quickly, so dont worry about it and enjoy the time off.

Comment

Tuff luck man. Dont rush it. I haven't personally had a hernia, but a guy on my team did. He was out 6wks and then light lifting for the next 4wks. He was back in no time. Better to rest and recover rather than re injure and have to start the whole process over.

Comment

Thanks. I have had it for a few years. just got worse of course 10 weeks out from Nats. I guess I will have to win the Jr. Nats. next year. LOL. SHF

Comment

I had one a few years ago, and was back to very light lifting in three weeks, doctor said it was fine to do so. And back to regular work in about 6-8 weeks. You will fine bro, mine was from work and lifting. Percs were nice tho!:D

Comment

it really depends on how severe the hernia was but I have a friend who was back to work in a couple of weeks after surgery so you should be able to hit the iron soon...

Comment

Working...
                  X