Interesting read on celebrities and HGH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting read on celebrities and HGH

"Hollywood has gone crazy for human growth hormone, with top stars, filmmakers, and studio executives touting its benefits: ripped abs, fewer wrinkles, increased sex drive, more energy (and aggression), etc. With anti-aging clinics prescribing it freely, is H.G.H. a career-saving miracle or a pricey, silly, even hazardous placebo?"

Full Article: Vial of Youth? Hollywood’s Burgeoning Addiction to Human Growth Hormone | Vanity Fair

I totally get all of the benefits of GH "therapy," but the problem is that it isn't just the 60 year old that wants to feel awesome again taking it. Younger and younger people are, and we don't exactly know the long term affects. GH promotes ALL cell growth, so that could very well be detrimental to your health, especially over a number of years.

Comment

Agreed completely. I wouldn't be surprised if long-term GH use is found to be linked to increased rates of cancer or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        Agreed completely. I wouldn't be surprised if long-term GH use is found to be linked to increased rates of cancer or something like that.

Absolutely. If we are promoting growth, and there is a tumor, then I would guess it would also metastasize at a faster rate.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
          Absolutely. If we are promoting growth, and there is a tumor, then I would guess it would also metastasize at a faster rate.
          Yea, I'm pretty sure that has actually been studied and proven no?

I feel like I remember warnings about people that have or had cancer to stay away from GH.

Comment

Doesn't HGH also cause the heart to grow, which would be very detrimental?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
              Seems like an easy question but I'm not 100% certain that there is any real studies done on that proving either way. Kind of makes ya think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                Yea, I'm pretty sure that has actually been studied and proven no?

I feel like I remember warnings about people that have or had cancer to stay away from GH.
                this is exactly right
                HGH will not cause cancer but if you have it and say it hits you at 50 there is a chance it can hit you at 45 or 40 what ever but your still gonna get it either way.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                  yes but at 40 or 50 and takin 1-2 jus per day whats it gonna do?
                  I doubt any of these guys are takin BB doses 15-20 jus per day for years on end

Comment

Working...
                  X