Claiming HGH on insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming HGH on insurance

Anyone ever done it? If so what was the reason to justify the need? It is a long shot but I know some have done it?

DROID

Check ur policy, most insurances companies have a website...my insurance covers everything, including GH, but I needed a pre requiste from and endocrinoloigst stating that GH therapy was necessary...at 25, Im not gonna get that

Comment

Originally posted by Doom
      Check ur policy, most insurances companies have a website...my insurance covers everything, including GH, but I needed a pre requiste from and endocrinoloigst stating that GH therapy was necessary...at 25, Im not gonna get that
      Any idea what condition one must have to fill the pre-req. I to have similar insurance to yours.

DROID

Comment

It was so damn long ago, I forgot, just simply call the 800 number for the company and ask them what they require

Aside from not being able to get GH, I could get anything from BTG Var, UpJohn Cyp, Schein Deca...and so on...

Comment

Great thread! I was just talking to a few of my buddies about this today. A new company just bought us out and were going to get kick ass insurance now. So I was wondering how anyone could get HGH or any steroid for that matter by going to the doctor. -crombie09

Comment

Steroids are usually covered my insurance covers compounded AAS 100%...but not the name brands.
            GH they don't cover and they have a lifetime maximum of 25K I think on fertility drugs.
            Easy part is checking on insurance hard part is getting a legit script for it.
            Good luck.

Comment

Someone on another board pointed out that if one needs to switch insurance down the road and they see there is a need for gh coverage may be denied.

DROID

Comment

Originally posted by INTIMID8OR3
                I've been doing it for years ...95% OF THE INSURANCE COMPANYS WILL COVER oxandrin and test ABOUT 50% GH ..I''ve even got 10mg Halotestin when they were being made....The first thing you can do is call your Insurance company ask them if they cover the meds your looking for because your Doctor is thinking of subscribing them to you then go from there....;)

What medical reason would they cover oxandrin?

DROID

Comment

The next step is finding a crooked doctor to write you the script.

Comment

Originally posted by INTIMID8OR3
                    I own my own company so im not worried about my employer finding out ....That is something you should consider before doing this......;)
                    Need an employee?

Comment

Problem with this is not as much coverage by an insurer as much as it is finding a doctor that will prescribe it. As Doom pointed out, most of us do not have any sort of medical condition that would warrant getting test, gh, anavar, etc. And, if you do find a crooked Dr. willing to prescribe it, the insurance company can still request the medical records/test results to verify that the script was medically necessary. How do I know this? BWAHAHAHAHA.....

Dr. G (you figure it out!)

PS: Of course once I'm 50+, I'm getting HRT and GH therapy for the rest of my life, legally and cheaply, because by then I'll need!

Comment

Hot Damn I guess I'm the lucky one, my Dr is working with the insurance to see if they'll cover HGH, they already pay for my test. My IGF-1 is at 25ng/ml reference range 90-360 ng/ml HGH is at 0.05ng/ml reference range 0.06-5.00ng/ml

We'll see what happens

JohnnyB

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyB
                          Hot Damn I guess I'm the lucky one, my Dr is working with the insurance to see if they'll cover HGH, they already pay for my test. My IGF-1 is at 25ng/ml reference range 90-360 ng/ml HGH is at 0.05ng/ml reference range 0.06-5.00ng/ml

We'll see what happens

JohnnyB
                          I seem to be in the same boat as you. I am already hypogondal and get my test covered. I also have an igf-1 level of 99 (114-429). Though the test is covered outright I do not know if the low igf-1 is medical reason enough for them to cover HGH. My doc to is now trying to pre-certify me. I should know early next week. I do not think you need a "crooked doctor" as it is easy to get test covered, if you have low test.

DROID

Comment

Mine will take longer then a week to find out, it could take months. If I need to get more then 1 opinion then I'll do it.

JohnnyB

Comment

Working...
                            X