Olympic Sprinter Ben Johnson Would Use Steroids All Over Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Sprinter Ben Johnson Would Use Steroids All Over Again

28 Years Later: Ben Johnson Would Use Steroids All Over Again to Be the World's Fastest Man

The anabolic steroid stanzolol (also known by its trade name Winstrol) has been popularly associated with one athlete – Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson – for the past couple of decades. This is all due to a single anti-doping test performed at the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul which found stanozolol metabolites in Johnson's urine sample. Johnson denied using the steroid in question at the time and he has consistently denied using it ever since.

It is not unusual for an athlete who fails a drug test to deny using anabolic steroids knowingly. But Johnson's case is different. He didn't deny using steroids and/or performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs). Johnson had no problem admitting to the use of steroids. He simply denied using the specific steroid stanozolol.

And 28 years later, Johnson is sticking to his story. When journalist Ian O'Riordan asked Johnson about it during an interview in the Old Library of Trinity College Dublin in May 2016, Johnson remained convinced that steroids were necessary to compete at the highest levels of sport. Johnson's “conscious was clear” he was “not ashamed” of using steroids in pursuit of his Olympic glory in what has became known as the dirtiest race in history.

“Well that was my destiny, so probably, yeah, because I can’t choose my destiny, and if God choose it like that, so, yes. I only cared about myself. It’s a business. In 1988, winning the gold medal, I was happy in my heart. My conscious is clear, and I’m not ashamed of what I did, or I did to me…

“It bothers me sometimes, and I interview myself, and ask did I do the right thing? At the time it was the right thing. But now, I would probably do it again, so to speak. I’m still alive, aren’t I?”

Johnson justified his use of steroids by pointing out that the steroids didn't make him faster . They were only intended as “recovery drugs”. Furthermore, “most of [his] competitors” were also using steroids.

“It was brought to my attention that most of my competitors were on performance-enhancing drugs. As a kid, growing up, I thought there were no drugs in sport. As I got better and faster I was put in a corner where, you know, I was told these guys are taking drugs. I said yes at the time, it was my own doing, because I wanted to be the best I can be, and I did.

“As time goes by, I never point the finger at one who tested positive, because we were all in the same boat, to be the best we can, make some money. The sport is corrupt, dirty, and it’s going to keep going like that. No one can stop it.

Strange he's not dead
    You'd think with all the experts views on juice he'd surely be a gonner

Comment

never made sense to me that athletes would use winny. how the fuck does winny help? shit makes you feel old with it's drying effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        never made sense to me that athletes would use winny. how the fuck does winny help? shit makes you feel old with it's drying effect.
        Winny is gods send for athletes like him. Many guys I train with at CFNE, are on winny by itself. When I was on it and soon to be hopefully, man I loved my cardio, lifts all of it.....and I disagree on making you feel old....maybe that's the effect with you but certainly not everyone

Comment

Soon to be hopefully... your retarded. Winny at your age and injuries will absolutely 100% make your problem worse.

Comment

You talk with so much confidence on what it'll do to me when in fact all drugs don't affect everyone the same...case in point, the winny...but whatever

That's like telling me tren is gonna fk me up ha

Comment

no, winny dries out everyones joint capsules. this is not a case of how someone reacts to a drug. it is a side of winny for everyone. you may not have felt pain from it in the past but it absolutely dries out the joint capsule. this is the opposite of what you need. you need "wet" steroids that lube the joint capsule.

Comment

no, winny dries out everyones joint capsules. this is not a case of how someone reacts to a drug. it is a side of winny for everyone. you may not have felt pain from it in the past but it absolutely dries out the joint capsule. this is the opposite of what you need. you need "wet" steroids that lube the joint capsule.
                Cool beans thx.

As I was saying, winny is fucking great for stamina

Comment

if you'd listen to me for 3 months and run deca, Gh, and tb-500 you'd feel like a different person. you dont even have to admit i was right. im just trying to help bro. you always take it as a know it all argument. just once give my suggestion a try and you may be surprised.

Comment

if you'd listen to me for 3 months and run deca, Gh, and tb-500 you'd feel like a different person. you dont even have to admit i was right. im just trying to help bro. you always take it as a know it all argument. just once give my suggestion a try and you may be surprised.
                    I've taken your advice many times and I'm not saying you're wrong here, but I also know my body very well. I was on winny and I was fine b...

Comment

It's actually good for a few reasons to a sprinter;

1) they run straight line so winny actually strengthens tendons in straight direction it's only cross Sheering that gets weak.

2) it increased power not bodyweight

3) it thins blood slightly and enables better cardio

4) it had a shorter half life that other drugs at the time

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                        I've taken your advice many times and I'm not saying you're wrong here, but I also know my body very well. I was on winny and I was fine b...
                        were you on winny with a joint injury with chronic pain? winny WILL exaggerate that problem bro.

Comment

PS that fucker could front squat 240kg for reps

Comment

were you on winny with a joint injury with chronic pain? winny WILL exaggerate that problem bro.
                            Yes I was so keep posting:wave:

Comment

alright bro. only thing im guilty of here is being concerned with your injury and knowing what will help and what wont. all you want to do is take it as an argument so i'll stop. genuinely just trying to help in this case.

Comment

Working...
                              X