No announcement yet.

Bullshit for UFC to Allow Brock Lesnar to Compete While "Juiced to the Gills"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullshit for UFC to Allow Brock Lesnar to Compete While "Juiced to the Gills"

Mark “Super Samoan” Hunt thinks the UFC has exposed its Anti-Doping Policy as a joke with its decision to waive the 4-month drug testing requirement for Brock Lesnar. While everyone else in the UFC is forced to undergo four full months of strict drug testing administered by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), Lesnar only has to submit to 4 weeks of drug testing before his bout with Hunt.

Hunt didn't mince words when he complained about he obvious unfairness of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy to UFC Fight Week on Fox Sports Australia. Jeff Novitzky, the UFC Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance, promised the UFC's anti-steroid policy would be the gold standard and model for the entire world of professional sports to follow. Hunt doesn't share the same opinion.

“I don’t think that’s fair. I think it’s load of bullshit. I think it’s rubbish,” Hunt said. “I don’t think anyone should be exempt from testing. If they’re trying to clean the sport up — mixed martial arts — this is a bad way to do it. I don’t care who you are. It’s ridiculous.”

Novitzky has been notably silent about the special treatment given to Lesnar. If he does eventually come out of hiding to defend the decision, it is obvious that he has sold out and abandoned his principles in exchange for the high salary of his new private employer.

Novitzky comes across as quite the hypocrite since he once promised to be extra hard on the “freaks” who look like they use steroids. And if any UFC athlete fits Novitzky's muscle physique profiling criteria, it would be Lesnar.

“[The UFC will] even look at physical appearances of athletes,” Novitzky once promised. “Does this athlete pass kind of the physical appearance ‘smell test,’ and if they don’t, hey, maybe we need to test that person a little bit more.

“If I was that athlete, that freak, I would be like, ‘Hey, test me more, because people are accusing me of it, so it will be cool at the end of the year, everybody will look at my stats on the webpage and I was tested 10 times and no positive tests.’”

Rather than test Lesnar for the usual 4 month period, Novitzky apparently signed off on being far more lenient on Lesnar. Lesnar apparently didn't want to be subjected to so much testing and Novitzky had no problem with it.

Hunt thinks it's obvious that Lesnar was “juiced to the gills” during the months preceding his 4-week testing period. If this is the case, the UFC certainly isn't interested in protecting the interests of “clean” athletes or creating a level playing field.

“I don’t think it’s a great move. I think he’s juiced to the gills — and I still think I’m going to knock him out. So I don’t think that’s correct. I don’t think he should be allowed to get a four-month exemption otherwise everyone else should. Otherwise I should start juicing.

“How are you going to clean the sport up doing that shit?” Hunt asked. “It won’t happen. I don’t think it’s fair.

“I’ve already voiced my opinion to Dana (White) about it but apparently he (Lesnar) has been getting tested but he’s probably been off a couple of cycles anyway.

Hunt is nonetheless grateful for the opportunity to fight against Lesnar. Lesnar is a big-name celebrity that will guarantee a big pay day for Hunt. Regardless of the UFC's special treatment of Lesnar, Hunt believes he's fully capable of knocking him out even if he is “juiced to the gills”.

"I've been dealing with that my entire life," he said. "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked -- deal with it. What do you want me to say?

Mark Hunt and many others have taken umbrage with the UFC granting Brock Lesnar an exemption from four months of drug testing before he could enter the Octagon. The UFC's anti-doping policy led by USADA states that any athlete coming out of retirement must give the UFC four months of notice so the fighter can be put back in USADA's drug-testing pool.

Lesnar, who just officially signed back with the UFC in early June, was given a waiver for that time period. Hunt, who has been tested since the UFC-USADA relationship began in July 2015, expressed his displeasure to FOX Sports Australia earlier this month.

"I think he's juiced to the gills — and I still think I'm going to knock him out," Hunt said. ... "I don't think that's fair. I think it's load of bullsh*t, I think it's rubbish. I don't think anyone should be exempt from testing. If they're trying to clean the sport up — mixed martial arts — this is a bad way to do it. I don't care who you are. It's ridiculous."

Lesnar, who retired from the UFC initially in 2011, has been tested five times in June by USADA since signing. The UFC said it gave Lesnar an exemption from the four-month period because he retired so long ago that there wasn't even an anti-doping policy in place at the time. Lesnar, 38, is also tested by WWE under its wellness program.

In response to a question Thursday about Hunt's allegations, Lesnar seemed to laugh it all off on a media conference call.

"I've been dealing with that my entire life," he said. "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked -- deal with it. What do you want me to say? I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."

Lesnar will meet Hunt in the co-main event of UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas. The former UFC heavyweight champion has been working for WWE for the last few years and will return there in August for SummerSlam.

All those comments by Hunt and anything else said about him is pretty lost on Lesnar. Shut off from the rest of the world on his farm in Saskatchewan, Lesnar pays very little attention to social media or MMA websites.

"I haven't followed much of anything," Lesnar said. "I never have. I don't have a Twitter account. I don't have Facebook. It is what it is. To me, it's all BS."

Comment

I will not watch anymore unless it's a super type fight. I'll watch nate Connor part 2 but that's it....i'm done watching a circus of clowns. Bring back the true MMA and not making a fucking spectacle and they will get my money

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
        I will not watch anymore unless it's a super type fight. I'll watch nate Connor part 2 but that's it....i'm done watching a circus of clowns. Bring back the true MMA and not making a fucking spectacle and they will get my money
        True MMA didn't do so well pretty much went bankrupt

I agree to an extent but its a business at the end of the day... talent and popularity is at its highest its ever been.

Aren't the super type fights the biggest circus show?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          I'm a white boy and I'm jacked -- deal with it.
          Hilarious :rofl:
          Mark scared?

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
            True MMA didn't do so well pretty much went bankrupt

I agree to an extent but its a business at the end of the day... talent and popularity is at its highest its ever been.

Aren't the super type fights the biggest circus show?
            Agreed
            ...hype and bs sells fights, sad but true.

Comment

Working...
            X