Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian UGLs Busted Trying To Sneak Large Amounts of Anabolic Steroid Past Customs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian UGLs Busted Trying To Sneak Large Amounts of Anabolic Steroid Past Customs

The Australian Border Force (ABF) busted a man with 20-kilograms of raw unprocessed anabolic steroid powder on November 13, 2016. The man was arriving by airplane at the Sydney International Airport. The flight originated in Thailand.

The man’s baggage was x-rayed by ABF officers and sent to secondary inspection after anomalies were discovered in a music speaker and a “football” board game and a “billiards” board game found in his luggage. The items were disassembled to reveal 15-kilograms of trenbolone acetate hidden inside. Another 5-kilograms of trenbolone was discovered inside air filters after a targeted search of air cargo.

Another steroid bust by ABF officers is no big surprise. Australia has some of the most draconian anti-steroid laws in the world. To make matters worse for the steroid-using bodybuilder down under, the Australian Customs is especially good at its job when it comes to detecting and intercepting anabolic steroids and performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) that are imported into the country via packages sent by mail or via luggage accompanying individual airline passengers.

This is bad news for Australian bodybuilders for several reasons. The likelihood of having their steroid parcels seized by customs has resulted in the refusal of many international sources to even dare attempt delivery of illegal PEDs to customers in Australia. It’s usually a money-losing proposition for sources who are expected to reship the package in the event of seizure. It’s just not worth it for them.

The high seizure rate forces bodybuilders to turn to local domestic underground labs (UGLs) that manufacture steroids inside of Australia. The black market prices for domestic UGLs have soared in recent years and represent some of the highest in the world. For example, bodybuilders may end up pay as much as $200 or more per vial of testosterone enanthate or nandrolone decanoate.

The Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) reported as massive increase in the number of kilograms of steroids seized by law enforcement in its annual 2016 Illicit Drug Data Report (IDDR). During the most recent 2014-2015 reporting period, a total of 320 kilograms of steroids was seized compared to only 17-kilograms in the previous reporting period.

In spite of the aggressive ABF crackdown on steroid imports, UGLs haven’t stopped trying to import large quantities of raw steroid powder. Sometimes a domestic UGL will lose a huge shipment of trenbolone powder as was the case over the weekend. But there’s no doubt that many big powder shipments still make it through. It is inevitable.

As long as the demand for steroids in Australia remains high, there will never be a shortage of suppliers attempting to capitalize off of this demand. The more customs cracks down, the greater the rewards will be for those UGLs willing to take the legal risk.

I wonder why they care so much.

Comment

Originally posted by cybrsage View Post
      I wonder why they care so much.
      The exact attitude that has your country up shit creek without a paddle

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
        Stfu you troll faggot. Just because you have no interest in steroids or lifting in general doesn't mean you have to turn a steroid thread into a political thread. Back when you were a man you would have cared about the steroid laws you pear shaped little twat. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          Stfu you troll faggot. Just because you have no interest in steroids or lifting in general doesn't mean you have to turn a steroid thread into a political thread. Back when you were a man you would have cared about the steroid laws you pear shaped little twat. ;)
          You are a bit of an idiot. It gets quite boring when you constantly come back on people with insults. Who has turned the thread now? I don't necessarily agree with our steroid laws. I thought the statement was a bit ignorant and typical of some attitudes on here lately. Similar to some of the comments on the climate change topic. It wasn't meant as a personal attack on the guy so maybe you should stop being a sensitive little baby.

Comment

You are a bit of an idiot. It gets quite boring when you constantly come back on people with insults. Who has turned the thread now? I don't necessarily agree with our steroid laws. I thought the statement was a bit ignorant and typical of some attitudes on here lately. Similar to some of the comments on the climate change topic. It wasn't meant as a personal attack on the guy so maybe you should stop being a sensitive little baby.
            Why are you insulting other peoples countries? Why are you talking about climate change? The guy made a basic statement referring to why they care so much about AAS. It's wasteful spending if anything.

Your comment may not have been a personal attack but it was still a shitty little comment that's was Mr I/trollish in nature.

Comment

Having a questioning attitude by the populace causes a country to fail? I would like to see links to studies that show this. I always though a questioning populace was an empowered populous and an empowered populous helps create a robust and powerful nation (power being measured in many different ways).

Thanks in advance for the studies!

Comment

Having a questioning attitude by the populace causes a country to fail? I would like to see links to studies that show this. I always though a questioning populace was an empowered populous and an empowered populous helps create a robust and powerful nation (power being measured in many different ways).

Thanks in advance for the studies!
                No you have misunderstood. 'I wonder why they care so much' suggests you don't see steroid importation as any sort of issue. It is an attitude that is shared by a lot of Americans on a lot of issues and seems to be reinforced quite a bit around here with topics like gun control, climate change etc. To an outsider looking in it is astonishing. We are not talking about steroids for personal use here, we are talking about 20kilos (44lbs) of raw powder smuggled into the country. Whether you are pro steroids or not you should be able to recognize why a government might care.

Comment

Whether you are pro steroids or not you should be able to recognize why a government might care.
                  And why might they care redback? Is it because they care about the safety of the population? Or is it because they can't profit from it?

*Cough cigarettes *Cough... Literally.. public safety my ass.

The gun argument is a whole different can of worms but I'll just say that I agree with you 100% on that. If someone is smuggling weapons that is a very legit threat to public safety. Not some fucken steroid powder. The 2 aren't comparable in any way whatsoever.

Comment

No you have misunderstood. 'I wonder why they care so much' suggests you don't see steroid importation as any sort of issue. It is an attitude that is shared by a lot of Americans on a lot of issues and seems to be reinforced quite a bit around here with topics like gun control, climate change etc. To an outsider looking in it is astonishing. We are not talking about steroids for personal use here, we are talking about 20kilos (44lbs) of raw powder smuggled into the country. Whether you are pro steroids or not you should be able to recognize why a government might care.
                    What I mean is exactly what I said, I wonder why the government cares so much about steroids being shipped into Australia. I do not see the use of steroids as a bad thing. Abuse, sure, but the abuse of anything is bad.

You bring up straw men, which are quite easy to knock down. I did not wonder why the Australian Government signed the Kyoto Treaty when that treaty says China is allowed to pollute as much as it wants. I did not ask why so many otherwise intelligent people think the milankovitch cycles no not operate on a pattern when that pattern is blatantly obvious to anyone who bothers to look with unbiased eyes. I did not wonder why Americans want their Constitution to be followed.

I wondered why the Australian Government cares about people using Steroids. They will stop a single ounce from being imported, so your excuse that they caught a lot is irrelevant and led you to your use of a straw man argument.

If you really have no idea, just say so. It is fine to not know why a government does something. Using Logical Fallacies to explain your point does not actually help you succeed, it only serves to help you fail. Drop the logical fallacies and address the actual question asked if you have an answer, or admit you do not. It really is that easy and there is no shame in not knowing something.

EDIT: Wanted to add a picture of the temperature cycles I mentioned earlier, to make it easier to understand. The temperature of today should increase slightly more, all by itself, then wobble, then plungle back down towards the next ice age...regardless of the existence of mankind. It is a well know, and well ignored, cycle. It is also important to note that CO2 increase has always LAGGED the temperature increase and has NEVER been the CAUSE of the temp increase...at least not for the last 400,000 years of the Earth's history.
                    Last edited by cybrsage; 12-11-16, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                      The gun argument is a whole different can of worms but I'll just say that I agree with you 100% on that. If someone is smuggling weapons that is a very legit threat to public safety. Not some fucken steroid powder. The 2 aren't comparable in any way whatsoever.
                      If the US government banned all guns, I would say anyone who smuggles guns into the US is actually a patriot. Banning all guns would be a direct violation of the US Constitution, so a gun smuggler would instantly become a patriot. Still a criminal, but patriot and criminal do sometimes overlap.

Since that is not the case in the US, I agree with you on the issue - currently, gun smugglers are a menace.

Comment

What I mean is exactly what I said, I wonder why the government cares so much about steroids being shipped into Australia. I do not see the use of steroids as a bad thing. Abuse, sure, but the abuse of anything is bad.

You bring up straw men, which are quite easy to knock down. I did not wonder why the Australian Government signed the Kyoto Treaty when that treaty says China is allowed to pollute as much as it wants. I did not ask why so many otherwise intelligent people think the milankovitch cycles no not operate on a pattern when that pattern is blatantly obvious to anyone who bothers to look with unbiased eyes. I did not wonder why Americans want their Constitution to be followed.

I wondered why the Australian Government cares about people using Steroids. They will stop a single ounce from being imported, so your excuse that they caught a lot is irrelevant and led you to your use of a straw man argument.

If you really have no idea, just say so. It is fine to not know why a government does something. Using Logical Fallacies to explain your point does not actually help you succeed, it only serves to help you fail. Drop the logical fallacies and address the actual question asked if you have an answer, or admit you do not. It really is that easy and there is no shame in not knowing something.

EDIT: Wanted to add a picture of the temperature cycles I mentioned earlier, to make it easier to understand. The temperature of today should increase slightly more, all by itself, then wobble, then plungle back down towards the next ice age...regardless of the existence of mankind. It is a well know, and well ignored, cycle. It is also important to note that CO2 increase has always LAGGED the temperature increase and has NEVER been the CAUSE of the temp increase...at least not for the last 400,000 years of the Earth's history.
                        Come on mate stick to the topic. The Australian government tries to stop the use of illegal steroids into the country. If you have a script you can import what you want. As I already said, we are not talking about steroids for personal use so whether you see steroid use as a bad thing is irrelevant. These people who import 50lbs of steroids who do you think they are? I'm not sure if you know anything about underground steroids in Australia. 90 percent are made and distributed by criminal gangs, mostly biker gangs who also deal in rec drugs and are involved in all kinds of other fun criminal activities. I'm pretty sure that if someone crossed your border with 50lbs of blackmarket steroids that your government would do the exact same thing.

Comment

Come on mate stick to the topic. The Australian government tries to stop the use of illegal steroids into the country. If you have a script you can import what you want. As I already said, we are not talking about steroids for personal use so whether you see steroid use as a bad thing is irrelevant. These people who import 50lbs of steroids who do you think they are? I'm not sure if you know anything about underground steroids in Australia. 90 percent are made and distributed by criminal gangs, mostly biker gangs who also deal in rec drugs and are involved in all kinds of other fun criminal activities. I'm pretty sure that if someone crossed your border with 50lbs of blackmarket steroids that your government would do the exact same thing.
                          Did this fucker just say stick on topic? The same fuck who brought up guns and climate change? Lmfao

Comment

Come on mate stick to the topic.
                            I accept your admission of defeat.

The Australian government tries to stop the use of illegal steroids into the country. If you have a script you can import what you want. As I already said, we are not talking about steroids for personal use so whether you see steroid use as a bad thing is irrelevant.
                            The Australian government would stop one ml of steroids from entering Australia if they could, so your lame excuse of "not talking about personal use" is irrelevant. The government of Australia itself says it even personal use IS to be stopped (without a script).

So please stop adding in the "not talking about personal use" when you actually are talking about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X