Would love input about peptides to help weight loss from MCAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love input about peptides to help weight loss from MCAS

Hi! After checking out different boards I decided to join here as from what I read so far the community seems open minded and helpful. I certainly could use both :)

Here’s my situation: taking the birth control pill 7 years ago exacerbated a Mast Cell Activation Syndrome that was dormant. My immune system became paranoid and reacts to common environmental factors as if they were scary allergens, inducing a constant state of anaphylaxis of varying intensity. At its worst it caused: severely impaired cognitive abilities, debilitating chronic pain and fatigue, oedema worthy of the Michelin Man, anxiety, depression, constant nausea, frequent daily vomiting and despite the latter, gaining 100 pounds in less than a year. Unfortunately it is a rare and unknown disease so doctors weren't particularly helpful.

Two years ago I started looking into all scientific studies that were published regarding mast cell stabilization and histamine reduction and began guinea pigging myself with all things reasonable under the sun (and I'll admit some that weren’t, I guess desperation does not always breed caution :P). I found many compounds that were of great help and today many of my chronic symptoms are reduced (YAY!) and I can lead a semi normal life. Despite my best efforts, weight loss is exasperatingly slow. Not that I’m particularly vain, but I do miss my heels and sexy dresses, plus I can’t help but hope that returning to a healthier weight might improve my remaining symptoms. Exercise increases histamine as such I cannot do heavy workouts without going into anaphylaxis. After trying pretty much everything, I’ve adopted a strict ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting, the only things that have worked. However even with a will of steel, I lose about 1-2 pounds a month. It’s exasperating!

So I started looking into peptides. On top of the fat loss aspect there are a slew of benefits for someone like me, like bone density (MCAS causes osteoporosis) Because MCAS is exacerbated by hormones, I decided on Ipamorelin (300mcg x 3 daily), CJC-1295 dac (1x week) and Frag 176-191(150mcg x 3 daily) as from what I could understand they are the least disruptive. Lo and behold, I started losing weight like a normal person! An amazing upside was also that all of a sudden I was able to do reasonable amounts of exercise without triggering an attack, I finally had some energy for the first time in years and I wasn’t cold all the time. However being on a very limited budget, I eventually had to stop.

Now that I’ve taken you through the scenic route, here is where I am at: in total (including the periods without peptides) I lost 70 pounds. I saved some money and opted for a cheaper regimen: GHRP-6 and MOD GRF at 100mcg x 2 daily (upon waking and going to bed). I read that GHRP-6 barely has an effect on cortisol and prolactin at that dose. There was a blowout sale for IGF-LR3 and I decided to splurge to get it, not only for its fat loss also but its anti-inflammation and regenerative properties.

I’ve been doing this for 5 days. I already see an increase in exercise stamina and the increase in appetite does not bother me in the least.

For those still reading (wow! Thanks!) here are my questions:

The water retention is monstrous! It’s quite discouraging to have to pull out clothes from my jokingly nicknamed “fatlard” wardrobe once again :/ Except drinking a lot of water, are there known tricks to help with that?

I found a lot of contradicting information on cycling IGF-1 on top of the rest. Can I take it at the same time ? I’ve been injecting 50mcg x 2 daily away from the rest but if I could take them at once, that would be great.

What are the recommended length of cycles for these peptides and how long should one take a break from them in between cycles?

Lastly, are there known problems to doing such cycles for the rest of one’s life? I’m doing better but I don’t know if I’ll ever go back to my normal self. If that’s the case, keeping the weight off may be difficult, I may need assistance indefinitely but I want to weigh the pros and cons to make an informed decision before proceeding.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to your input!

Hard one to answer. You have a condition that I don't know much about. Normally I'd say first and foremost diet and cardio. But as you said exercise seems to make your condition worse.

Is it possible that your diet could be better? Are you super strict or do you splurge from time to time? You may have to be super serious with your diet because of your condition.

Water retention from peptides could probably be helped with diuretics or even adex but I hesitate to recommend drugs to counter other drugs especially when someone has a condition.

The easiest and probably healthiest answer is to get even more strict with diet if there is any room for improvement in that area.

Comment

Thank you for your reply and the caution with which you approach this :) if it may put your mind at ease, I can tell you that I'm at point where I know myself pretty well and I listen to my body diligently. I also carefully research everything I take and take it carefully. Did so even before MCAS; I'm all for having fun and being reckless at times but whenever I did, it was important for me to do so knowing exactly what I'd get myself into. I'm a true hedonist I guess: I don't believe in mortgaging the pleasure of tomorrow for that of today (except on those rare occasions where the memories were worth it :P)

To answer your question, the diet condition is quite simple: if I cheat I do not lose weight. So doing the best I can has become a matter of necessity.

However I do my best to the best of my abilities, meaning I do believe from my research that my diet is the best it can be but it's possible I'm mistaken. Grosso modo I eat less than 50g of carbs/day unless absolutely necessary. I eat mainly healthy fats and proteins. Sometimes I have GO issues and have to eat something substantial like rice or oatmeal and at times I've of course cheated but sugar also causes hormonal issues so it's not hard to stay on track. I've learned to cheat with things like bacon strips, eheh.

I'll look into adex, I'm not familiar with that.

Comment

adex aka anastrozole is an aromatise inhibitor that prevents testosterone and other bodybuilding steroids from turning into estrogen in the body. it helps keep the bloat down in the male body using steroids. however a female using peptides is a whole different situation and I wouldn't be comfortable recommending adex as my only experience with it is as a male using steroids.

if the peptides are working I say keep at it. keep the diet strict and if you hit a stall point increase the cardio a little bit each month. how much cardio are you doing right now?

Comment

Oh yes, I see your point about adex.

I try to walk briskly everyday at least 20 minutes but usually around 35. I also do tai-chi, which is more demanding than may seem and produces results beyond what I expected, I really like it :)

By nature I'm someone that moves around a lot in a day, always felt that the body needs to move to be well so I do my best with what I have at the moment :)

Any input on my other questions (if you don't mind my asking) :)

Comment

Which other questions?

Comment

Originally posted by 1sabeau View Post
              I found a lot of contradicting information on cycling IGF-1 on top of the rest. Can I take it at the same time ? I’ve been injecting 50mcg x 2 daily away from the rest but if I could take them at once, that would be great.

What are the recommended length of cycles for these peptides and how long should one take a break from them in between cycles?

Lastly, are there known problems to doing such cycles for the rest of one’s life? I’m doing better but I don’t know if I’ll ever go back to my normal self. If that’s the case, keeping the weight off may be difficult, I may need assistance indefinitely but I want to weigh the pros and cons to make an informed decision before proceeding.
              Thanks a lot by the way, I know it's not evident to answer someone with weird biological stuff going on, so I appreciate you not being indifferent :D

Comment

Working...
              X