Charlie Sheen Blames Testosterone On Meltdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Sheen Blames Testosterone On Meltdown

Charlie Sheen appeared on ABC’s Good Morning America (GMA) to discuss living with a diagnosis of HIV in an episode that aired on January 11, 2017. However, GMA host Michael Strahan couldn’t resist also asking Sheen about his “Tiger Blood” meltdown in 2001. And Sheen was unable to resist blaming the incident on the anabolic steroid testosterone.

“I was doing way too much testosterone cream, trying to keep the libido up,” Sheen told Strahan. “It metabolizes into basically a roid rage. The whole odyssey, that was basically an accidental roid rage. But there's some good quotes that came out of it, right? There's a few fun moments. So bizarre. It's so bizarre.”

Sheen referred to the period in 2011 when he publicly self-destructed over the course of several weeks. The aggressive, delusional and psychotic behavior ultimately led to his dismissal from his starring role in the hit television show Two and a Half Men. The behavior seemed more consistent with the abuse of stimulants and/or psychoactive recreational drugs according to consensus opinion. Yet Sheen has previously insisted that he was not drinking alcohol, using pain pills or abusing any street drugs at the time.

Sheen made some legendary quotes on various radio and television talk shows such as the Today Show, 20/20, Good Morning America and Piers Morgan Tonight during his 2011 Tiger blood meltdown. Some of the more memorable quotes included the following:

“I'm different. I have a different constitution, I have a different brain, I have a different heart. I got tiger blood, man. Dying's for fools, dying's for amateurs.”

“I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.”

“I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time - and this includes naps - I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air.”

“I have a 10,000-year-old brain and the boogers of a 7-year-old. That's how I describe myself.”

“[Life is] perfect. It's awesome. Every day is just filled with just wins. All we do is put wins in the record books. We win so radically in our underwear before our first cup of coffee, it's scary.”

It’s far-fetched to believe that testosterone cream led to Sheen’s Tiger blood meltdown. Strahan, a former defensive end and seven-time Pro Bowl football player with the New York Giants, should have been the first person to dispute Sheen’s characterization of steroid-related side effects. After all, Strahan played in the National Football League (NFL) for 15 years and it seems like he must have inevitably known football players who used steroids and seen real side effects experienced by players.

Unfortunately, Strahan did not refute Sheen’s characterization of steroid side effects. Given Strahan’s public statement on steroids and steroid users, this probably isn’t surprising. Strahan has called athletes idiots for using steroids.

Strahan has also unbelievably claimed that he never knew any football player on his team who had used steroids. According to Strahan, he would be surprised if anyone was using steroids in the NFL given the stigma associated with the muscle-building drugs.

"In the eyes of the players, the worst crime you could possibly commit in today's NFL is to get busted for steroids,” Strahan wrote in his autobiographical book ‘Inside the Helmet: Life as a Sunday Afternoon Warrior’. “...We'd rather you get busted with 10 bags of coke and a joint hanging from your lips than get busted for 'roids. You know what our logic is? With street drugs, you're cheating yourself. With 'roids, you're cheating yourself and you're cheating the rest of us."

Boogers of a 7 year old. lmao Have you ever seen the you tube videos of this fool?

Comment

Not sure if Sheen's or Strahan's get the top bullshit award.

Sheen must use "testosterone cream" in place of crack rock.

Strahan stating that no one in the NFL is using PEDs....

Comment

yea i like strahan but he is an ass kisser.

Comment

I'm sure the crack and Meth and hookers had nothing at all to do with his meltdown LOL

Comment

Working...
          X