No announcement yet.

Ultrasound scans in US study shows the hearts of anabolic steroid users weaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrasound scans in US study shows the hearts of anabolic steroid users weaker

Long-term use of muscle-building anabolic steroids may weaken the functioning of the heart, an alarming study shows.

Use of the drug appears to contribute to artery-clogging, a team of US scientists have discovered.

It was also linked to elevated blood pressure and cholesterol levels - both risk factors for heart disease.

It serves as a stark warning to the millions across the globe who use the substance.

And recent research suggests there is a worrying growing trend among middle-aged men taking the drug commonly used by bodybuilders.

'It is critical that clinicians become aware of the long-term risks of anabolic steroid use on the heart,' said Dr Harrison Pope Jr, a professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and co-lead author of the study.

Read more: Long-term use of anabolic steroids damages the heart | Daily Mail Online

I think time on and time off is very important.. I have done two sonogram and CT Scan and my heart is perfectly fine.. Yet my cardiologist has told me must the people that came with heart problems was because the use of AAS.. Don't know if he was trying to scare me tho

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X