(urgent) diarrhea again !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (urgent) diarrhea again !

has anyone ever gotten the runs from protein shakes. i bought this protein from protein factory.com egg white protein and casein.

with 3 of my meals during the day i used to drink 1 shake that was 1/2 egg and 1/2 casein totaling 50 g protein. i reduced it to one shake a day and like 1 hr after the shake i get the runs.

is it possible im shitting out my protein ? is it possible it is bunk ? cause iput the egg white protein in water in the microwave and it turned to real egg whites. so....
    Last edited by gundam675; 12-04-03, 03:08 PM.

i have no idea... but what you describe is nasty. if you only get the green-apple splatters after your shakes, i'd say you pretty much narrowed it down. swith to whey or something... anything.

Comment

you could be lactoseintalerent (sp)

but anytime you take in alot of protein you are going to shit alot bro

Comment

you might be overloading your system with protein. your enzyme count to break it up could be low. try using smaller shakes throughout the day instead of loading up your system at once. your body should get used to them. or combine them with normal food.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOT
          you could be lactoseintalerent (sp)

but anytime you take in alot of protein you are going to shit alot bro
          yeah but is the shit gonna be protein ? i dont wanna waste my protein man ! that means my muscles wont be getting it !

Comment

Originally posted by gundam675
            yeah but is the shit gonna be protein ? i dont wanna waste my protein man ! that means my muscles wont be getting it !
            you could always recycle...

Comment

Originally posted by gundam675
              Well the body can only take in so much protein at one time then you will shit out the rest.

Comment

so how do u reccomend i go about fixing the prob ? should i split it up ?

also, what enzymes digest egg and casein protein ? would papaya do the trick ?

what i was thinking was to take in half at each meal so i can break it up throughout six meals. this a good idea ?

Comment

why must it be "egg and casein"... maybe that's the problem. can you drink a cup of raw egg whites without shitting? that would be a test.

Comment

certain proteins have done that to me, HDT's pro 55 gave me the worst gas and sometimes the runs. I switched to Labrada's Pro v60 and I am fine now.

I suggest changing proteins and see what happens.

Comment

after a while u should get better... i always get the protein shits when i start/up the dose...

Comment

Originally posted by GearTripper
                        you could always recycle...
                        hahaha :rofl: :rofl:

go get some digestive enzimes bro
                        that should help your problem
                        any health food store ask for digestive enzimes for both carbs and protine if that do`nt help bro get some immodium
                        and boom solid turtles again

Comment

It could be the casein. Some people cant tolerate it. Try just egg protein or some sort of whey. Also dividing the shakes into smaller portions will help. I used to get that rumbling feeling from meals that I used to buy prepared and then I found out that they were made with whey. Personally I'm intolerant of whey. Not a good thing for a bodybuilder. Experiment with different proteins

Comment

Originally posted by muscledoc
                            It could be the casein. Some people cant tolerate it. Try just egg protein or some sort of whey. Also dividing the shakes into smaller portions will help. I used to get that rumbling feeling from meals that I used to buy prepared and then I found out that they were made with whey. Personally I'm intolerant of whey. Not a good thing for a bodybuilder. Experiment with different proteins
                            you are right because the runs are gone now. i have been dividing them up into smaller portions and i am totally fine. feel good !

Comment

runs

Dont forget that you're also taking in protein at your meals in the form of food. If you take the shake too close t the meal you will overload your system with more protein than it can handle. I am starting to experiment with the new time release protiens. They are whey and micro processed casein. Supposedly one goes into your system immediately whiel the other takes a few hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X