Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibuprofen Screws Up Testosterone Metabolism

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018...ne-metabolism/

A new study is hinting that a common over-the-counter painkiller, ibuprofen, may be linked to a male reproductive disorder. While the study uses a pretty small sample of male subjects, it's backed up by a set of consistent experiments from isolated cells, and earlier studies had hinted there might be something strange here.

Clinically, this condition is called "compensated hypogonadism"—"hypogonadism" because the body probably isn't producing testosterone at the appropriate rate, and "compensated" because other hormones have kicked in and gotten testosterone levels to increase. And, while testosterone levels are normal during compensated hypogonadism, it's not a good condition to have. The condition has been associated with an increased probability of reproductive, cognitive, and physical problems, as well as general mortality.

Whoever takes ibuprofen is a complete wanker

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't see how that affects steroid users. We're taking exogenous testosterone. That's like saying deca lower suppresses test levels no shit so we supplement with endogenous test.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Andro so help me...

Ever think about it's possible effect on PCT?

You stupid bible thumping mother fucker you!

Comment

I was just reading this study the other day. Not only a concern during PCT but also at times in between cycles. I do recall they used an extremely small sample size like 14 people. However I do believe these guys were taking ibuprofen for like extended periods of time, around 6 weeks, where the symptoms of compensated hypogonadism started showing around only 2 weeks in.

Comment

I read some where about 60% of people improve with any given nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).

Comment

Working...
            X