Advice/Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice/Opinions

Hey..New member here. Finally found a decent looking forum that looks like it has a more mature membership!! Looking for a bit of advice if possible. I’m 38 and I’ve been lifting for 15 years 3-4 times a week, with the past five being more serious with nutrition and tracking cals and macros. I’m thinking of doing my first cycle. My stats are 6ft 1 @ 190 @ est 16% bf. My longterm goal is currently 200 @ 13% or lower.

The main reason I’m now considering cycling is that I just can’t get to where I want to be natty. I’ve tried hard but my body just doesn’t want to seem to do it. I’ve just quit on my last attempt of a natty bulk I got to 195 and went slow getting there, taking about 2.5 months and my strength went up but I’ve just gained fat!! Look worse than before lol. I’ve been stuck in this cycle of natty bulking then cutting for 2 years now, it’s just a waste of time for me, maybe my age, or genetics not sure. The other main reason I want to jump on is that I’ve been living and working in Thailand for years so I can get everything I need easily, I’ve been to look around already.

The main things that are worrying me at the moment are: estrogen control, I keep reading bad stories of crashed E2. I’ll be getting blood before and half way and after if I get on but it’s a worry. I’m just planning a test E cycle @ 350mg p/w I think, maybe even 300.

Has anyone got any advice from their own personal experiences in regards to E2 control. I’ve done my research and I’ve about ADEX dosing and adjusting after bloods etc, but I really could do without getting ED etc!! I’m married and I don’t want to cycle and then start messing up my personal life. Sorry for the long first post I’ll summarize below for anyone who doesn’t want to read it all lol

Newbie wants to jump on, has access to everything in Thailand, worrying quite a lot about ED and controlling E2, looking for any advice on how to proceed for experienced users..thanks

500mgs test per week. .5mg adex EOD. Adjust accordingly... you can start with 300mgs if you want. Kick start with test prop 50-100mgs EOD for 4 weeks. Not everyone uses an AI as everyone is different.
    I know I didn't and I was on tons of shit when I first started. Now I'm older and my Estrogen levels sky high on a cruise dose if I do not take enough AI, but not prone to gyno...
    Dont worry bout your personal life with wifey. Your libido will be sky high that you will want to bang everyday

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok thanks for the input. So do you think that 300-350mg for the full 12 weeks is too low? I know most recommend 500..I think I’m over thinking this too much..Reading too many negative stories! The adex should be started from week 1? Or wait for any signs of estrogen going too high? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jtardy18 View Post
        Ok thanks for the input. So do you think that 300-350mg for the full 12 weeks is too low? I know most recommend 500..I think I’m over thinking this too much..Reading too many negative stories! The adex should be started from week 1? Or wait for any signs of estrogen going too high? Thanks
        You can start @ 300mgs and adjust from there. The main thing is you want to control estrogen and water retention. I Advice you start adex as soon as you start your cycle. At 300mgs you might not even need much adex. Maybe e3d at .5mgs. But I prefer aromasin

Comment

A 16 weeker would be more beneficial than 12 weeks as a longer ester test will kick in at around 4-6 weeks

Comment

Ok Thanks. Is aromasin less harsh? I’ve read about it, can’t remember if I read it’s less likely to crash estrogen? Aromasin is available out here too but nearly double the price of adex for some reason..

Comment

Ok. I’ll think about planning for 16 weeks then. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated

Comment

Also should I be eating at a 500 cal surplus all the way, adjusting along the way? Or is 500 too high?

Comment

Ok Thanks. Is aromasin less harsh? I’ve read about it, can’t remember if I read it’s less likely to crash estrogen? Aromasin is available out here too but nearly double the price of adex for some reason..
                  An AI as an AI. Aromasin binds SHGB which free's up more test. Increase igf slightly and does not affect lipids like adex and yes it's hella expensive if you go the pharma route..
                  Adex is fine

Comment

Also should I be eating at a 500 cal surplus all the way, adjusting along the way? Or is 500 too high?
                    If your goal is lean bulk then 300 calories above your maintenance is more than enough. A lil cardio and of course diet is always the key

Comment

Ok man. Thanks a lot for the help. I might do a log here. Cheers

Comment

Bori, Bouncer and Rado really know their shit!

I just started a Test E only cycle 9 days ago (250mg E4D) and 2 days after my second pin, my nipples were sore and a little itchy. I have Aromasin and did not start it at the beginning of the cycle as i thought maybe the dose was low enough I wouldn't have any sides. But it seems that I must be prone to gyno. I took 12.5mg EOD starting 3 days after the first pin and now it seems that I may have to do 12.5 ED or 25mg EOD to keep mine under control. Just make sure you have the AI handy before you start or you will regret it. Just my two cents from someone that is going through it right now.
                        Good luck mate!

Comment

Originally posted by voneber View Post
                          Bori, Bouncer and Rado really know their shit!

I just started a Test E only cycle 9 days ago (250mg E4D) and 2 days after my second pin, my nipples were sore and a little itchy. I have Aromasin and did not start it at the beginning of the cycle as i thought maybe the dose was low enough I wouldn't have any sides. But it seems that I must be prone to gyno. I took 12.5mg EOD starting 3 days after the first pin and now it seems that I may have to do 12.5 ED or 25mg EOD to keep mine under control. Just make sure you have the AI handy before you start or you will regret it. Just my two cents from someone that is going through it right now.
                          Good luck mate!
                          Indeed.. even on 250mgs/weekly of pharma grade test my estrogen goes up to almost the 60's and I was on 12.5mg of aromasin e3d. So I knew I had to adjust the dosage even if I did not get sides as my libido was high, but I did hold on to more water, but I enjoy lifting heavy so it was not a concern for me...
                          All my shit is pharma grade, but it can get hella expensive.
                          G-luck

Comment

Hey..New member here. Finally found a decent looking forum that looks like it has a more mature membership!! Looking for a bit of advice if possible. I’m 38 and I’ve been lifting for 15 years 3-4 times a week, with the past five being more serious with nutrition and tracking cals and macros. I’m thinking of doing my first cycle. My stats are 6ft 1 @ 190 @ est 16% bf. My longterm goal is currently 200 @ 13% or lower.

The main reason I’m now considering cycling is that I just can’t get to where I want to be natty. I’ve tried hard but my body just doesn’t want to seem to do it. I’ve just quit on my last attempt of a natty bulk I got to 195 and went slow getting there, taking about 2.5 months and my strength went up but I’ve just gained fat!! Look worse than before lol. I’ve been stuck in this cycle of natty bulking then cutting for 2 years now, it’s just a waste of time for me, maybe my age, or genetics not sure. The other main reason I want to jump on is that I’ve been living and working in Thailand for years so I can get everything I need easily, I’ve been to look around already.

The main things that are worrying me at the moment are: estrogen control, I keep reading bad stories of crashed E2. I’ll be getting blood before and half way and after if I get on but it’s a worry. I’m just planning a test E cycle @ 350mg p/w I think, maybe even 300.

Has anyone got any advice from their own personal experiences in regards to E2 control. I’ve done my research and I’ve about ADEX dosing and adjusting after bloods etc, but I really could do without getting ED etc!! I’m married and I don’t want to cycle and then start messing up my personal life. Sorry for the long first post I’ll summarize below for anyone who doesn’t want to read it all lol

Newbie wants to jump on, has access to everything in Thailand, worrying quite a lot about ED and controlling E2, looking for any advice on how to proceed for experienced users..thanks
                            I would start with 300 to 400mgs a week of test, run arimidex and get blood work done in 6 weeks to adjust.

I take arimidex e7d and I only take 0.5mgs...yes that is right, 0.5mgs e7d and it keeps my estro in the 20s.

Comment

No need IMHO to jump right up to 500 a week, youll get great gains at 300 to 350 a week. take it slow and easy and work your ass off youll be surprised at the gains youll get at a lower dose. Remember aprox 20% will get converted to estrogen, so the higher the dose, the more estrogen your body will produce. have a good AI on hand, start at the lower dose and run the cycle. Do bloods and check half way thru. Lower dose easier to control, you can see feel and learn how it affects your body and easier to control the estrogen. Just my thoughts. when I started I ran test cyp at 200 MG
                              E5D for several months I gained 15 lbs of muscle in that time on such a low dose.. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X